What's new

Pics of my HT (1 Viewer)

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
This maybe a stupid questions, but what kind of banana plugs are you using? Are how are they connected to the receiver?

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Well, it took me a little while to find my thread...didn't know it was moved. But hey, I found it.

The Banana plugs are from PartsExpress. The Dayton brand. They come four in a pack...everyone here that uses banannas pretty much uses these. They are great. :)

There is not an extra shelf in there, though it would be a simple matter to cut a piece of 5/8" MDF and spray it black.

I actually wanted the Receiver on the bottom shelf, but the Sony CD changer is HUGE. It only fits on the bottom of the rack; it hangs WAY off any of the shelves. *shrug* It all worked out fine though. :)

ps
I do indeed already have a Panamax 5100. Very nice unit. Good investment on my part...peace of mind. :)

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
Another stupid question. In your pic they are connected to the back of the post. Is this how you connect banana plugs? The reason I ask is on my receiver I connected them on the top of the post. (i don't have banana plugs) Sorry but I'm a noob and i'm extremly confused on how you have your speakers connected.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hi Omard.

These particular bananna plugs have a hole in the middle of the plug. You unscrew the top part and the hole opens up. You put the wire in and then screw in the top part until the screw compresses the wire and holds it in there. Very secure.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
In this picture, you can clearly see how the wire goes into the bananna plug, and the plug just "plugs" into the top of the binding post. :)

Christo Ramo

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same TV for the longest time and loved it to death. Unfortunately it took longer and longer to turn on each day and eventually the picture started to flash. I couldn't even bring myself to throw it away when I replaced it. Anyway, thats a very nice setup you have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bolorkay
Recent bookmarks