Pics of my home theater and the stuff I built for it

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy_Wolf, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Jeremy_Wolf

Jeremy_Wolf Agent

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Nice job, Jeremy. There's a huge swell of pride that comes with building nice sounding speakers with your HT setup.

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Jeremy,

Very nice setup! I'm still contemplating an LT for my Blueprint 1803 but think I may just go with a sealed enclosure that's EQ'd flat with the BFD.

I really like your 5 speaker setup. Could you give us the specifics on the drivers? They look like some that I have seen in the MCM catalog.

Brian

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Nice specs. The 130dB sound measurement if for all 3 subs combined, correct?

5. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

That is just too cool, beautiful. I don't suppose you build LT's to order, do you? [​IMG]

6. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Congratulations on your nice work, Jeremy! Also, you are lucky to have an understanding wife who appreciates the quality of sound D-Y-I-ing can achieve. Also, many (most) wives would not allow those three big subs in the room. You'd better be nice to her.

7. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

8. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Man, those are some kick butt subs!

One a side note-

Patrick, I knew it!

You ARE an administrator!

Nathan

9. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

Jeremy,

Looks great. Agree 100% on the blue leds. Nothing is cooler.

I would love to see your design for the RCA to balanced converter. I a using pro audio X-O's (bi/triamping the front stage). Your input would be appreciated.

10. Jeremy_Wolf

Jeremy_Wolf Agent

I've actually thought about building the LT's to order before. If I were to start making circuit boards to make it easier, then I actually could build them to order very quickly. If you haven't heard a linkwitz transformed setup yet, you just have to. You never knew that sealed subs could go so low!
    The 5 piece speaker system are drivers that I ordered from MCM. Good eye Brian. The 5.25 driver is no longer made though. I got a bunch of them when they were on clerance for about 6 dollars a piece. The tweeters are the titanium dome.
    Here are some links to the drivers
    Tweeter
    The woofer had these params
    FS 52Hz
    QTS .46
    QES .57
    VAS 10.3 Liters
    XMax 2.25 mm
    Power 60 W/RMS
    SPL 86 dB
    Response 52hz - 4khz
    I still need to pad the tweeters as you can see by looking at the specs, they are 4 dB more effecient.
    The crossovers are MCM ones that cross over at 3500 HZ. This is towards the upper range of the woofers, I haven't had time to make measurments on these yet though. If I am not happy with them I will just custom make my own crossovers eventually. These speakers are not very effecient as you can see by the specs. I don't really thing effeciency matters though when you are able to supply plenty of amp power. When driven with my reciever, these little things get plenty loud.
    James, here is the link to the line driver schematic. Most of my homebuilt stuff has come off of sound.westhost.com. Rod elliot is the owner and designer of circuits.
    line driver

11. James Mudler

James Mudler Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Jeremy,
    You are obviously over my head on the electrical side. I had seen this site, and after reading the +/- of biamping I decide to biamp. I know what a resistor, cap and other parts are but have some (general) questions on some of the schematics which has not allowed me to build these before.
    If I may be so bold, and you do not mind, I would like to email you offline with my questions and/or I'll give you my 800 number. Let me know if you wouldn't mind.
    I'll buy you some more blue leds for your help [​IMG]

12. Jeremy_Wolf

Jeremy_Wolf Agent

sure James, you can e-mail me. I like to help people out when ever I can. I don't have a complete understanding of electronics, but I do have the basics down and can read almost any schematic and build from that schematic. I will be gone for 5 days starting tomorrow so I will not be able to answer any e-mails that come to me in that time period. My e-mail address is zomibess#lvcm.com replace the # with an @. Keeps the damn spammers off of my personal account.