What's new

Pics of my first Sono (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Where's the sock, it's naked :b

Looks good. What are you powering it with? Also what grille did you use and how is it mounted?

I see you have an SVS in background as well. Which model and how does the Dayton compare?

Nick_Shah

Stunt Coordinator
DVC 12"

16"

120L

4" flared port 18" long

Tuned to just under 20hz
This sounds nearly identical to the DIY sub that I'm considering building. What do you have powering it? Is there a chance that we'll see construction pictures soon?

Congratulations on the new member of your family!

-Nick

Rick Thomas

Agent
I'm powering it with a mcm 250 plate amp.The grille I picked up at a surplus store. I routered out a 1/2" buy 1/4' deep slot around so the grille would sit almost flush with the top. There's 4 black drywall screws that go through the grill and through the port flare to secure it good.It's actually my brother's svs"20-39CS" with the new driver. We tested it at his house with his Samson S-700 amp.

We both thought it was equal with the SVS.And the 2 of them together were Awsome!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rick, just curious, but how did you attach the short legs between the bottom endcap and the bottom bass plate?

Rick Thomas

Agent
There's 3, 1 1/4" dowels centered evenly 2 1/4" long.Just a

2 1/2" screw through the double mdf and 1 1/2" screw from the bottom up.It's good and steady.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Very nice to hear a DIY compares to that driver in a sonotube. I can't wait to start work on my tempest enlosure.

Nice work, be sure to show some pics when it's finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StevL