What's new

PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK...16x9 petition (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...Ive read of late that CRITERION intend to go back and revisit select titles for 16x9 treatment....I, for one, would like to nominate Peter Weir's haunting, lovely film PAHR....this DVD, which already looks excellent in WS, would look even lovlier if it were enhanced.
...and just as important, this would be a good chance to include, if not a commetary from the director, the edited sections of film from the original version as an extra....
------------------

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Surprise, surprise, I'll second that motion, with support for a Weir commentary and both versions of the film via seamless branching.
It is stunning as is, but would be such eye candy in a new transfer.
I'd also vote for an anamorphic Walkabout - and fix the commentary while they're at it!
While both of these would be great anamorphic, I do feel there are other films which need new transfers more, especially the Kurosawas. That said I like PAHR and Walkabout more, though I'm not sure I'll be so happy springing for the new versions...
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks