What's new

Picking up discs after work? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I recently began a regular non-retail full-time job where I have standard 8:30 - 5 hours. The problem is, I cannot get the DVD store (whatever it is, CC, BB, Target) until after 5 o'clock. I haven't bought much in the past few weeks, so I was wondering:

Those of you who shop after work, do you usually have to deal with out-of-stock issues that late in the day? Or is everything usually still there?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I get out a bit earlier (3:30) but I have never had much of a problem with out of stock issues, my usual problems are that they haven't even gotten the title in yet!

Eric Brunton

Agent
I usually don't have any problems where I live. We don't have cc or bb here or anywhere within a 200 mile radius. Anyway, you could think of preordering discs or you could order online. That would take the worry out of out of stock problems.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
If getting a DVD is that important then maybe you could take a little longer lunch break and pick it up then. Make up the time at the end of your shift.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I don't get to my local B&Ms until at least 7:30. I've never had a problem finding what I want, provided it's a big release. Some things, like the Fox Studio Classics, I just buy online, simply becuase the stores will only be getting one or two of them in, if they get any at all.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
My experience is it varies by store. Unless someone responds from your city....any answers would be guesses....unless your Marty McFly.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
If it's a big release, I usually don't have a problem. For something like Soylent Green, it was gone when I got to BB at 7pm.

Still on LotR: TTT I may try to sneak off... As a matter of fact, I should take the day off! Heh, maybe for the EE!

Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks