What's new

Picking up "52"! :cool: (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
For all those other John Frankenheimer fans out there, "52 Pick-up" is getting a R1 WS release by M-G-M on 6/12. DVD Empire & The Laser's Edge both have for $10.49. I've had this on a R2 DVD for some time now. It is about time that this got a R1 release. I love the Clarence Williams III character.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Great news, I love this flick! Still have it taped from 1987 on Encore.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Likewise. I had it on an OTA videotape recording until I was able to get it on LD & then the R2 DVD. Too bad Frankenheimer is gone. I'd love to hear one of his commentaries on this flick. :D

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Any other comic book fans see the thread title and innitially think this was about the DC weekly series "52"? :) I'm familiar with the movie "52 Pickup", and dig Frankenheimer sometimes, but I also think that picking up the "52" comic has been cool, too!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Very happy about this. Equally happy that I didn't get the R2 version (which was on my amazon.co.uk wish list)! I haven't seen this in years. Still waiting on two of my other favorite crime films, The Friends Of Eddie Coyle and The Krays, to make it to DVD.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
One of my favorite movies...T&A, foul language and a (literally) explosive ending.

I was planning on reviewing this for the 80s Movies Rewind, but they're really dragging their heels. I'll probably review it for oldschool4life, instead.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I just hope that the DVD cover doesn't screw with the poster artwork.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw this once on cable back in the 80's and remember thinking John Glover was one of the best bad guys ever on film. Haven't seen it since, but will definitely be picking it up.

Thanks for posting the news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks