What's new

Picked up Miles Davis In a Silent way for......8.99 (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Yep,
....I am talking about a new sealed copy of the multi-channel SACD here.
It was mispriced at a local music shop here in Los Angeles where I live on Sunset Blvd. There was another copy in the bin correctly priced at 18.99, so guess which one I grabbed? ;) Anyway, I plan on taking this one in later tonight so I'll let you all know what I think. Man am I excited.:emoji_thumbsup:
Reg

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Reggie, nice going. I bought my copy shortly after it came out for $11.99, which was the store's price for the remastered CD. If you look at the back insert included with your SACD, you will notice that it is actually the insert for the remastered CD. Sony erred. Note that there are no SACD or DSD logos on the back insert. Also note that the catalog number on the spine is that of the CD (CK 86556), not of the SACD, which appears on the peel-off label on the top of the jewel case (CS 86556). Since the back insert is the one for the CD, it has the barcode for the CD, and many retailers mispriced SACD. I have heard that some retailers caught on to the error eventually and placed a sticker on the back with a new barcode to cover the wrong one. Anyway, you did very well. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Let us know how you like the SACD. Do you have In A Silent Way on CD? If you have the original CD (Columbia Jazz Masterpieces version), you are in for a real treat with the SACD. The remastered CD comes surprisingly close to the SACD, but the SACD is better.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
This is a great SACD- musically (of course), and the surround mix is very nice.

NP: Miles Davis, Complete Live at Montreux, disc 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks