Picked up a Zenith 36".. good idea or not?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Abem, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Abem

Abem Auditioning

Anyone have any insight on these things.. I've done some searches but haven't come up with many people that actually own one of these. I got a pretty good deal on it last week at CC.. it was about $1600..

I already have an FPTV that I do most of my movie watching so DVD playback isn't a big concern.

My cable carrier is Adelphia and will not serve HDTV in the forseeable future...

So this is my main set for just regular watching. I liked the idea of the built in STB to keep complexity to a minimum. We use a replayTV so we can just watch HD when necessary, like yesterday's AFC championship [​IMG]

I have noticed that the black bars are not perfectly level when the TV is in HD mode. I suppose the service manuals would help me fix. Also would I want to turn SVM off?

Anything particularly wrong with these TV's? I was kind of torn between a 51" 4:3 panasonic or the 36" HDTV TAU.

Thanks for any help.. I appreciate it.

Abe

2. Abem

Abem Auditioning

I hate to reply to my own posts.. but how in the hell is that my first post in almost 4 years.. LOL

I guess I'm a little too good at lurking ;P the number must have been reset a while ago.