What's new

Picked up a RX-V2700 over the weekend (1 Viewer)

Peter f

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Guys

I just upgraded to the RX-V2700 this past weekend from my RX-V795A. So far I am very pleased with my purchase.

Equipment:
Sony SXRD XBR1 60"
TIVO SERIES 3
HD-DVD HD-A1
Motorola 3412
Boston VR3 (mains)
Boston VRC
Boston VRX (2)
Parasound A21 (driving fronts)
Outlaw M2200 (3) (driving center and surrounds)
Klipsh KS-W12 sub

Eveything is connected to the RX-V2700 via HDMI, No handshake issues with any component.

Did not see and difference in video quality by connecting the TIVO S3 directly to the TV or though the RX-V2700.

I have no LFE issues with the HD-A1 via HDMI

YPAO ran fine, I had the common "wiring" error that most people seem to have, YPAO said the mains were out of Phase...I triple checked and ran the YPAO again skipping the wiring. YPAO Did wonders for the sub output.

Unit runs a tad warm, I actually have it in a ventilated Salamander cabinet along with the amps, But I do have a Parasound Z-Breeze which does and excellent job cooling, I swiched the setting to "med" (from low) and its now cool to the touch under load.

I am still reading the manual and plan to add unit to my wireless network (or serial to laptop)

So far I am very pleased with my choice. My other option was to buy the RX-V659 and an HSU or SVS sub...but the RX-V2700 really made an dramatic improvement with my current sub.

Thanks all for your comments and suggestions

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Congrats Peter!!!

That sound like a very good upgrade. In my humble opinion...you should put a subwoofer upgrade at the top of your list...a couple of big boys will knock your socks off..HSU or SVS...currently running 2 HSU-VTF-3HO + Turbos, and I can't begin to use their full potential...there is a thread in the subwoofer section of this Forum with a link to a ranking of subs done by Craigsub...very interesting reading...feel free to send me a PM for additional info. I am sure you will enjoy your new Yamaha very much. Very highly regarded.

Happy New Years

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks