PI loses timeslot in Seattle

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryDavenport, Oct 3, 2001.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

I'm not starting a flamefest, I just wanted to give a heads up to Seattle (Western Washington) viewers that KOMO-TV has moved Politically Incorrect to 2:05am. They told me it was because Nightline has expanded to an hour, so that means. News at 11:00, Nightline at 11:35:, then two hours of infomercials, THEN Poltically Incorrect at 2:05am.
    ------------------
    These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

2. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

Ouch! So that's why I haven't been able to watch PI lately. You'd think this wouldn't happen in a liberal town like Seattle, but you never know... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Always make the audience suffer as much as possible" - Alfred Hitchcock

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

If this happened during the summer I would be all for it. Leno, Conan, Something good on comedy central, and then Politically Incorrect. But it is hard to stay up until 3:30 and then go to school the next day. Stupid School. PI RULES!!
    ------------------
    Sorry about the previous Sig.
    "Hell hath no fury like a womens scorn for sega."-Brodie Bruce
    South Park season-by-season Again on DVD.
    Beavis and Butthead on DVD
    Family Guy on DVD

4. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

I know that some will blame this on the flap that Maher caused.. it may be partly to that, but PI's ratings have been bad since about January, and they haven't really improved. Lots of markets are having difficulty selling ad spots locally for PI, and the national sales spots are a drop in the bucket in general revenue.. PI's format just hasn't been as solid (IMHO) since it's move from Comedy Central.

5. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

If they're having trouble selling the ad spots, I would be all for getting more program in there. One thing that turns me off of PI is the number of ad breaks they take. It seems like every time they JUST get started actually discussing a topic, Bill chimes in with "I gotta take a break"
    I like the show, but it's not worth it.
    ------------------

6. LarryDavenport

I agree the show is too short. Frankly, I wish it would move to HBO or PBS.
    ------------------

7. Matty B

Matty B Stunt Coordinator

Question for you seattlites-
    What time does your work day start at?
    Curious because you said your local news is on at 11pm, where in Denver it's on at 10pm. You guys are an hour behind us, yet our shows start an hour earlier?

8. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

I don't have a job. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Always make the audience suffer as much as possible" - Alfred Hitchcock

9. LarryDavenport

My hours are 8:30am-5pm. I wlways wonder why Central time everything starts an hour earlier. Are you all farmers?
    UNRELATED: I'm pissed that there is such an East Coast bias for scheduling live events. The Mariners are in the playoffs and all our games start at 1pm on weekdays. I had to threaten to quit my job today to get the time off.
    ------------------
    [Edited last by LarryDavenport on October 05, 2001 at 12:41 PM]

10. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have a question for those who watched PI since the beginning? I like seeing two sides of an argument. But, it seems like in the past year or so. It has become one sided. Usually, their is 3 "left" leaning panelists and one "right" leaning panelist. I really don't have a problem with that. But, it seems that Bill gets more involved in the debates. It becomes more of a "pick-on" then a good debate. PLEASE, don't construe my question as a Left Basher. I just think the show looses something when bashing instead of debating goes on. I am curious if this is something new or was he always like this?

11. LarryDavenport

Unfortunately I never got to see PI on Comedy Central. It had moved to ABC before our cable company got CC, so I can't compare then with now.
    Though I understand what you are saying, I don't entirely agree with you. Yes it often looks like it's three against one (not counting Bill) but I think if we look at it rationally, the majority of the country is somewhere in the middle, maybe leaning a little to the left or a little to the right. A small percentage of the population is either extremely left or extremely right (and they often speak the loudest). When a guest expresses an extreme point of view, odds are the others will disagree.
    Let's face it, pundits, pollsters, and representatives of political/morality organizations express extreme positions, whether they be left or right. The pop stars and actors that PI have as guests are usually a little left or right of center, but there are some that are hard right (Naomi Judd) and hard left (Michael Moore). Then there are wastes of time and space like Carrot Top.
    Last night, for example, someone, a political cartoonist, expressed an extremely leftist point of view (bringing up last year's election and therefore the legitimacy of the Bush government) and even Bill said he was way out of line (while supporting his right to express his views). And I agee with Bill. The left needs to move on and stop obsessing about Election 2000, and the right needs to stop obsessing about Clinton (I'm talking to you Ann Coulter).
    As someone who is somewhere slightly left of center, I bristle at the plethora of extreme right-wing pundits (Ann Coulter, Matt Drudge, George Will, The Capitol Gang, Bob Doornan, the majority of talk radio and FOX News to name a few) and so when I hear about the "Leftist" media, I wonder what the hell people on the right are talking about. People on the right see things differently and disagree. Which is fine, because this is America and we can still do that here.
    ------------------

12. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

I read somewhere that all of the Sinclair owned ABC stations have dropped PI. The local ABC station is Sinclair owned and no longer shows here in St. Louis.
    This is the same station that is dropping all local news in a week or two and refuses to upgrade to HDTV.

13. LarryDavenport

Don't all TV stations have to switch to HDTV in 2006 or has that changed?
    ------------------

14. Peter McDonald

Peter McDonald Stunt Coordinator

"Don't all TV stations have to switch to HDTV in 2006 or has that changed?"
    No, they don't. They have to be broadcasting in digital by 2006. Not HDTV, just SDTV.
    Peter

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer