What's new

Physicists and other scientists: What is the best way to reheat pizza? (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Agree Jack, with most everything, but the pineapple. I love the pineapple/Canadian bacon combo.
My pizza of choice would contain the 3 meats;
Pepperoni
Canadian bacon
Sausage
Peace Out~:D

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Jack, the way to do it is:
30-40 sec. in microwave (does the actual heating) followed immediately by
toaster over on medium toast (to add crispness)
As far a cold pizza goes, don't knock it until you've tried it.:emoji_thumbsup:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
After readingabout the 'veggie' pizzas, thius got me thinking...

Does anybody besides my little brother LIKE pineapples in their pizza? I think its one of the nastiest things in the world that ruins one of the best foods in the world... Eww, i mean, its sweet, its juicy, and fruity.. Pizza is supposda be salty/cheesy, not juicy and sweet and fruity!

[rant off]

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Cold pizza. The breakfast of college students.

I lost count of the number of times I rolled out of bed on a Saturday morning, grabbed a cold leftover slice of pizza and a cold leftover can of beer, and proceeded across the campus to the football game.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
NickSo, I'm with you on the pineapple thing, in fact I think fruit ruins just about every hot meal there is.

/Mike

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I like pinapple on my pizza. When eaten with canadian bacon, I think the sweet pineapple provides a stark constrast to the salty bacon. I find the two complement each other nicely.

My other favorite is sausage and green chile, though I've had trouble finding it outside of New Mexico.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Last week, I tried Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce on my pizza. I was surprised at how great the pizza tasted!

~T

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Personally I'm a meat man, its Pepperoni, Bacon and smoked meat. that is the best.
BTW, for those of you who make your own pizza dough/crust, the key ingredient is NOT water but BEER. And it does depend on the right beer, I have been searching for the perfect beer for my dough and me, but I still only have candidates, no clear winner. Oh, guinness doesn't work well in the pizza dough, but it does look interesting.
After all this talk of pizza, I know what I am havin for supper. :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Exactly Leila. I love the Hawaiian style pizza, it's right up there with the meat lovers.
Pizza Out~:D

Chris Derby

Second Unit

Unless you have a toaster oven, I'm going to second "350F for 10 minutes"... Vary this according to crust thickness and topping density.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Jack after thinking very hard about this subject, I decided to toss out your ground rule. Conventional ovens are for wimps :)
Actually one of the best Pizzas I ever had was cooked in a solar powered oven. Nothing more then a parabolic reflector that focused the sunlight onto a metal box. Don't see why this wouldn't work for re-heating. Secret is circulation. Warm, or hot air the circulates around the pizza for even heat distribution.
For cooking a pizza, nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats a big, hot, wood fired clay/brick oven.
Finally, might I sugest a small, home built breeder reactor? (Check out the story about this Eagle Scout) Remember to wear the lead undies. Depends filled with bird-shot rather then absorbent fibers should work, but remember IANANE.
Brady, I use a wheat beer for my base, specifically Big Rock's Grasshopper, a proper (Canadian) beer. Toppings: Old Cheddar (preferably white), Mozza(sp) Parmesan(sp), hot Italian Sausage, pepperoni, ground beef, fresh garlic, mushrooms.
Edited for brief moments of clarity.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Sometime this summer I'm planning on trying my first grilled pizza. I'll probably wimp out and use a store bought crust the first time or two until I get the knack of it, but I'll bet it will be pretty darn good anyway.

(BTW, I only use lump charcoal - none of those icky briquettes or *shudder* gas...)

I'll bet a charcoal grill would reheat a pizza very nicely.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Spread the coals out evenly over the entire surface of the BBQ. Open the bottom vents 50%. Open the top vents 100%. Put the lid on and your good to go for about 20-25 minutes. BBQ'd pizza
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

BBQ'd bacon is also to die for. Get yourself some foil and make a tray. Add some hickory chips and double
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I love to BBQ.
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks