What's new

Physicists and other scientists: What is the best way to reheat pizza? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
If it's Sicilian type pizza, an appropriate second feature would be The Godfather. Heck, that would be a good second feature period. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
We have one of those Pizza stones. Helps to evenly cook the pizza. This is the best way to reheat pizza...that is if you don't like it cold which I don't care either way.

SteveRS

Stunt Coordinator
The best way to eat leftover pizza.
As soon as you wake, grab the cardboard box out of the fridge.
Sit down next to that half-full beer that was left on the table overnight and enjoy the High Life!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I used to eat cold (well room temp) pizza in college...didn't like it very much but was too lazy to walk down the hall to nuke it. Now I just put the whole box in the fridge then nuke it the next day.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ron: This is important: I believe a new format for a SoCal-based home-theater "meet" has been conceived here. Let's form the executive committee now. I'll start work on the publicity. JB

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Cold pizza bad, Room Temp Pizza good, Warm pizza very good, hot pizza okay...

Cam S

Screenwriter
MMMM, Pizza is SOOOO good cold. I ALWAYS make sure there is at least one piece leftover for a nice cold breakfast :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I'm wondering if the little micro-holes in the dough and the prodigious (big word!) amount of salt in the cheese, sauce, and meat are the main causes of moisture retention. Plus, condensation when the pizza is placed in the fridge. I wonder if an open bowl of salt placed in a strategic position in the fridge will keep the moisture away from the food stockpile? This untested technique may aid in the reduction of cold-loving mold!

Although, I'm sure your vegetables will hate you. Manly men don't eat no steeenking veggie-tables!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I prefer hot pizza but don't knock cold pizza until you've tried it. It truly is different and tasty. But hey you'll never get me to eat raw oysters so I have no room to talk. :)
For reheating, I find a toaster oven does a great job for one slice at a time.

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
With left over pizza, I individually wrap each piece in tin foil. I usualy do this when the pizza is at room temp, but I don't think there would be a problem if it's still hot.

To reheat. I take however many slices I want out of the fidge, open up the top of the tin foil and place it in an oven and turn it on to 350F. I can fit 2 slices into my toaster oven and I'm ready to go in 10 minutes, with a nice crispy crust, that's even better than when I had it the previous day.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Off topic, but I heartily recommend the new frozen pizzas from California Pizza Kitchen. I couldn't tell the difference between the Thai Chicken pizza they offer at the restaurant and the frozen one.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
the unspeakable Unaussprechlichen Kulten
Unspeakable? Sheesh! its unpronounceable.

( Hadn't seen a Lovecraft ref. from Julie in a few days, so I felt oddly compelled to respond. Back to your regular Pizza thread. If I was in CA. I'd love to drop by for pizza and movies, Jack. )

- Walter.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I love cold pizza, much prefer it to reheated.
There really isn't anything weird about cold pizza, it's basically just like a sandwich with melted cheese.
/Mike, who loves vegetables :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And given how many threads of Julie's I have hijacked, she is quite welcome to post about her beloved Mr. Lovecraft in this here thread.
What the pizza gods never intended:
* "Vegetarian" pizza (come on, get real);
* Pineapple as a topping (sometimes California goes too far; such a concept would be heresy in such pizza capitols as Chicago and New York; what next--ice cream? chewing gum? milk chocolate? M&Ms?)
* California Pizza Kitchen (sorry, Brian Perry); I traipsed into one of those establishments shortly after one opened up in the Beverly Center--couldn't believe some of the menu items (one was for a "breakfast pizza"--basically bacon and eggs and cheese on pizza dough; again, get real);
* Artichokes, chicken, Chinese food, sprouts, or other foul stuff not to be mixed with pizza (more California-gone-amok New Age nonsense from people trying to reinvent an already perfect meal concept);
* Frozen pizza (I've tried all the new "rising-crust" things, heating them as best as I can according to instructions; no matter what the food engineers try, a frozen pizza will always have that "frozen pizza" taste).
I could go on, but admins aren't allowed to start flame wars. :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Thank you Jack :)
I don't believe Lovecraft ever ate pizza. He did really love cheese though, so he probably would have liked pizza especially if it had extra cheese. Some of his letters mention him eating spaghetti and mounding cheese over the plate.
Unaussprechlichen Kulten was invented by Robert E. Howard who originally called it Nameless Cults. Lovecraft came up with a German name for it (since the author was German) but his correspondents balked at Ungenennte Heidenthume. Derleth came up with the name that finally stuck and is, quite humorously, "unpronounceable cults".
But back to pizza. I have to agree that pineapple is an abomination on pizza. Nor am I fond of all these frou-frou New Agey California toppings. Pizza is cheese and pepperoni. Onions and mushrooms are allowed (and sometimes encouraged). Jalapenos are likewise ok as are lots and lots of crushed chiltepins.
Oh, and absolutely no little fishies.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Pizza is cheese and sauce and the appropriate toppings--sausage and onion is a perfectly acceptable combo too. Pepperoni. Canadian bacon. Mushrooms under certain circumstances. That sort of thing. :)
Julie, do you like such writers as Leigh Brackett or Edmund Hamilton? Not exactly "horror" but science fantasy--and a lot of fun. Leigh probably ate pizza from time to time, but her late husband (Hamilton) probably didn't. Before his time.

Users who are viewing this thread