What's new

General Discussion Physical and Digital report card for 2019 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is a reality that a lot of our fellow members are going to struggle with, as well as the answer to “Why isn’t [title] available on [specific physical media format] yet?”

I think physical is almost exclusively dedicated to "collectors" and HT enthusiasts at this point. I still find it odd some small labels like Vinegar Syndrome sell out almost everything they release (Rad, a forgettable movie from 1986 sold 12,000 units in record time) while others struggle moving their stock unless there is a sale like Twilight Time at their peak.

I believe if you house a BD in lenticular slip-cover that title is going to sell out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
- Physical media sales were down 22%

*Physical media sales now make up only 9% of home entertainment spending.

*4K UHD usually makes up roughly 5% of disc sales, so 4K accounts for 5% of the 9%, which means...

If I'm doing my math right, 4K UHD discs make up 0.45% of home entertainment spending.

So people wonder why and bitch Disney is pulling the plug on 4K/UHD releases for Disney/Fox catalog titles. The question remains does Disney allow some of those catalog titles to be viewed as 4K digitals whether on Disney+ and Hulu or sold on Vudu/Fandango and Amazon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks