What's new

photoshop assitance please.... (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hi all -

i would like to modify my auto-sig dude so that the black background is elimiated.

that way, the dude is "clean" against the background.

is there an easy way to do this? i have photoshop, but am just beginning to learn how to use it.

thx,

ted

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
it should be fairly easy. Use the magic wand tool to select the black areas and just delete them. you will probably want to zoom into the image and use the regular eraser to clean up the initial deletion from the magic wand. Then just save it as a transparent gif.

If you have trouble doing it, send me a PM and I'll do it for you tonight.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
It's easier to do this with a higher resolution, uncompressed image because that would be sharper and have less noise to deal with. Do you have an original of that picture somewhere? Also, what color do you want the trails behind the bear to be?

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
welp, i tried using the magic wand and it sorta worked. i think like michael said, my source image was pretty bad to start with - it's just some image i got from google.

here's was my..umm...less than successful attempt:

if anyone feels like going for it, i would be most appreciative. if not, then i can certainly live with the black background.

thx in advance,

ted

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
mark - that looks great! :emoji_thumbsup:

i guess i'm not sure how to do the transparent background thing. plus i like how you maintained that shadow.

can i get that file from you? i'll pm you with my email address...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ahh....i didn't think good ol copy 'n' paste would work, but there it is. :)

thanks again mark (and to all) who replied.

i is so happy....

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Kinda off-topic but when will borwsers ever make use of PNG? It's soooooo much better than the dated 256-color GIF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks