What's new

Photosharing in Messages in iOS12 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just installed iOS12 onto my iPhone 6 the other night.

I was completely bummed when I went to send someone a photo in a text message and found that when I clicked the camera icon to the left of the text field that all I could do was take a new image and not access the images stored on my phone any more.

So, I was backing out of the messaging app, opening the images app, finding the image and then selecting the image, typing in the name of the recipient and sending it from there. Super clunky.

It's not like Apple to make things like that harder to do.

Some online research now shows me that if I'm in the message app I can access my photos via that little strip of icons that runs along the keyboard and includes things like apple pay, the app store, etc.

I dunno. The other way seemed to make more sense.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It took me all of two seconds to adapt to the new way of iMessaging photos. I don’t understand what the fuss is about.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Now that I know the new way...it's not as bad as what I was doing.

But it still seems like it's less straight-forward than it used to be.

I'm sure I'll get used to the new way, too. It'll maybe take me 30 to 40 seconds to get used to it, though.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
E280697C-D612-4721-8E20-47ED4FB53947.jpeg
Or you just tap the Photos icon.

It took a minute to figure out the new changes, but it’s actually easier now, I think.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Thanks for the visual, Dave.

Yep, instead of hitting the camera icon beside the message, hit the photos icon just below the camera icon. The old way was fine but the new way makes a lot more sense to me.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Maybe, next, Apple will come up with a better way to set up the letters on the keyboard! :laugh:
Don't joke - they had a horrific new setup in iOS 12.0 which fortunately they fixed back to normal in iOS 12.0.1 -- the .?123 & globe key (for switching languages) were swapped.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Thank goodness that horrorshow got fixed. I can’t figure how that keyboard got through beta testing, only to be corrected in the x.0.1 upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks