What's new

Photos of yourself (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
In my searches through Match.com I've noticed something. It seems that peoples photos (of themselves) fall under 1 of 4 categories:

1) Vacation Photos
2) Wedding Photos
3) Work related Photos
4) Holding a baby Photos

:)

Then when I thought about photos of myself, I realized that 90% of my photos fall into one of the above 4 categories. :D

The reason I was thinking about this is, I lost 40 pounds in the past 2 years and I don't have many 'new' photos to 'share'. I just realized, that's because I haven't been to any weddings, on vacation, and all of my friends kids are older.

The only photo I do have (in the past year) is one that was taken at work ;)

So what would your top categories (of photos of yourself) fall under?

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My top category would be "Caught Unawares." I hate having my picture taken so it takes a devious plan to capture my image.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm always quite surprised about the photos people post of themselves, especially on places like Match. Either people have no good pictures of themselves or people take crappy pictures. I think it's a mix of both.

Being a photographer, I think it behooves everyone to know how to take a good photo as the taker and the poser. There's that joke about "which is my best side?" but I don't think it's silly to have that knowledge. And I think tht at some point in your life (maybe as celebration when you've lost a lot of weight) to get a nice portrait taken of yourself.

Personally I wind up with alot of pictures of myself because I use myself as a subject to test lighting setups. Otherwise I'd probably be like everyone else and have to crop my head out of a group photo :).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that - or the computer "white out" over the other peoples faces. :D

I have to admit that my photo is guilty of such. It was a work photo where a co-worker had just bought a new digi-camera and wanted to test it out. Another female co-worker put her arms around me and said "Take our photo!".

So I had to do the old "crop her out" in order to submit a more recent (and lighter) photo of myself. :)

Buzz Foster

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Mark. That kind of ties to the other thread, as it is what it on my desktop right now.

Sam, 140 pounds which way? I am getting looks when I go to work on base, and they check my 260lb picture on my ID, then compare to 189lb me. It's a good feeling. :D

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Let's not forget the obligatory picture of your pet or you holding your pet. I've seen a lot of girls with that on match, which is always nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks