Photos from Toronto Blur concert

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Gui A, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

http://community.webshots.com/user/bub2ooo

Just thought I'd like to share a few photos from the concert I just came back from...
    Front row, extreme right.

(Maybe I should be posting this in the Music area...
    but the last time I posted a blur topic there I got 0 replies!)

I took some photos with my phone cam (the MCA-25 for the Sony Ericsson T68i).
    Not really the highest quality, as they're 640x480, and some have a weird green tint to them. I'm not sure if that's a bad connection on the phone, or nightvision kicking in...

Anyway, enjoy!
    Gui.

2. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

That is cool, was it a good show? I love Blur, I have only gotten to see them once back in 1997 on the "Blur" tour. They don't come to Texas very much. [​IMG]

3. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

The last time they really toured in America was in 97. They only did 3 shows for 13... NY, LA and Toronto, so that doesn't count.
    It was really good. Girls and Boys sounds a lot better live now, and Damon sang pretty much in the middle of the audience. No Parklife though, so kinda disappointed at that... Think Tank songs sound a bit better live, especially with the new backup singers they got.

4. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Wow, that looks like it was fun. Where did they play? It looks like it was a pretty small venue. Either that or you had some amazing seats.

5. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

Definitely not a small venue,
    It was a massive moshpit. The girls next to me said they lined up at 3pm to get there.
    I showed up at around 645... got in a bit later (gates opened at 7), even stopped off
    to get a shirt for my sister, walked around looking for friends, and got the last spot on
    the railing, right next to them. So take that, groupies!
    I was also next to the speakers, so for the next few days my right ear will be ringing...

And one of the girls got pretty drunk too, though I only saw her drink 2 cans of Blue.
    She told me of her stories of being 10 feet away from Snow at the LCBO on Dundas.
    Luckily her friend came back, and I was spared some drunk talk.