Photo of RP91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard_S, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

Anyone have a good photo of the RP91 in black. Ya I know I still haven't bought it yet. Haven't had time to take a look at it. I'm about to buy but having a last minute thing with the colours. [​IMG]

2. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
  3. Howard_S

Thanks. You're right Black looks really ugly.

4. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

IMHO, my black RP91 looks very classy, especially with the gold accents on either side of the tray and the gold footers.

5. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

Yup, the black is very nice. The pics at crutchfield.com make the black model look faded/bit charcoal-like.

6. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

7. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    At first - I wanted the Champagne without ever seeing it in person. I finally found a dealer who had the RP91 - but only in Black. I couldn't make up my mind at that point - but finally decided on Black.
    I called up J&R.com and they assured me they had the Black RP91 in-stock, despite the web site stating otherwise. So, I ordered the Black w/ 3 day delivery. After 3 days and no delivery I called J&R - only to be informed that the Black unit was indeed out-of-stock. So I switched my order to the Champagne color, which they had in stock.
    Got it - and it's beautiful!
    Matches my Champagne colored Pioneer DVL-909 (DVD/LDP) very nicely [​IMG]

8. Howard_S

Okay so is there a better picture then?

9. Myram

Myram Second Unit

I have a picture on my website showing my RP-91 in my rack. It's not the greatest picture, but it might help you out.

I went with black so it would match the rest of my components and not stand out. I had a chance to buy a champagne colored one for less then $350 used....but had to back out because of the color.

10. Howard_S

Well it is definitely a better picture and the black looks much better in this case. I wish I can see a closeup of it though. Side by side I like the champagne better but I do see how it can stand out. But if I ever do get another component that is silver than it defeats the whole purpose of going with black for my dvd player. [​IMG]
    I guess the black does match up with the 49tx better than champagne but the unit itself looks better in champagne. Ugh

11. Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting Screenwriter

Michael
    [​IMG]

12. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

That cruchfield picture of the RP91 is lame... overly brightened making the case look almost gray. The black RP91 is a VERY nice looking unit. The champagne is nice too if you like the lighter color.
    This one's a bit better (found with Google image search for RP91K):
    [​IMG]
    Hmmm... that might not be an RP91 - controls look diff than the champagne one! Mine went back a week ago, so now I forget... but it did look very nice (black one)!

13. Howard_S

That unit looks more like the RP56 instead of the 91.

14. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

I think you're right... oh well, the image name is RP91K.jpg I think - go figure.

15. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

Although I originally wanted a black unit. I ended up with the Champagne. However, I agree with other that although it "stands out". It doesn't necessarily look bad. In fact it kind of makes it special.
    See if you can find it in the following picture. [​IMG]
    http://home.houston.rr.com/arwild01/images/htrack.jpg
    -Alan

16. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

17. Howard_S

Alan that's really quite a stack. I am looking at some racks as well and have been debating whether to have one stack and place it on the side somewhere or have two stacks and place sit between the tv and the speakers. In any case you got to put the N64 away. [​IMG]
    The Rp91 does stand out though. Actually looks kind of faded in the picture. But ya it doesn't look that bad. I think I'll go champagne. I have no idea why we don't get our receivers in silver or gold though like they do in other places.

18. Alan Wild

Alan Wild Stunt Coordinator

It's not the best picture. I still don't have a digital camera. So that's a picture my mother took during a recent visit with her old film camera that I then scanned on my flatbed scanner.
    As to the N64... no it's going to stay out at least until I finish Conker's BFD... and or possibly go back to finish Perfect Dark and the like.
    The picture is already dated though. Since this was taken 3 weeks ago, I've added a GameCube (sitting right next the the N64. I've also added an OutLaw ICBM on top of the Audiotron (add to move the Iscan Pro up on top of the VCR and IR receiver on top of the Rack next to "The Crow"). [​IMG]
    It's bad when your birthday occurs during the same month as the release of a new game system. It's too easy to justify the upgraditis. [​IMG]
    -Alan