Phone in Campaigns....How many calls...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Jul 2, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

would it take to get a studios attention, and to show them that releaseing something on DVD and TV, would be worthwhile for them?

If I had to guess, my # would be somewhere around 5,000....

Anyone know any details that would help out a phone in campaign?

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The most effective campaign you can run is a full page ad in Variety followed by hundreds if not thousands of snail mail letters

1 letter=10 phone calls
    1 phone call=30 emails/online petition signatures(which frankly are most often ignored outright)

Why did Warner know they can't do P&S only family titles? Because the phone calls shut down their switchboards

That's the kind of impact you need, something boardrooms hear about. Star Trek: TOS' campaign is a model all others need to follow

Pickets, letters, full page ads, you name it. Anything to get the cause into the mass media will force them to listen

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Hmm... how much does a Variety add cost?
    I think we'll avoid media attention for now, unless they hear about it first, then we'll gladly accept 'em, heh. But I wouldn't think getting an old TV show on DVD would spark much intrest, or respsect, with them [​IMG]...
    If a Variety add isn't too pocket draining figured we could make up a cool logo for the campaign, print the appropriate companies phone number for people to call in, and an address with a link to a pre-made snail mail letter for people to send in along with the phone calls...
    Only hope fans of the show tend to read Variety [​IMG].

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

$2500 for a full page ad in variety

It's not fans of the show, you're looking for Maximum Impact
    The fact that you, or a coalition of fans are willing to shell out that kind of cash shows great dedication

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Gah, it's going to need a whole lotto Dedication, and a whole lot-to trust to get that much money collected. But if it gets the job done....
    OK Folks, here's the deal. There's obviously intrest on this, and many other boards about getting TMNT on DVD. I have a Paypal account that I can empty out and use only for the donations for an add. Now all we need is 500 hundred fans willing to donate $5's each for an add. We already have phone numbers for the Artisan Entertianment Publicity Department, Cartoon Network contacts in the Vice President Range(but no phone numbers for Publicity), and Mirage is fully aware that their is a campaign in planning, so we might have their support as well...Heh, last I heard Kevin Eastman donated $1K to help out a revive the turtles campaign, maby he'd be willing to do so here.
    If TMNT fans are going to strike, with the new show in January, now is the time to do it [​IMG]..