What's new

Phobias. What are you afraid of? (1 Viewer)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Darkophobia: I can't stand complete dark. I must sleep with at least a soft light on and a small battery light in case the power goes out. It has less to do with being scared of the dark and more of knowing I can see when I have my eyes open (I've really freaked out sometimes when the power goes out and I think I've went blind. Seriously!)
Phoneophobia: When I can't get through to a person on the phone and they have no answering machine, I get very worrysome of where they are and I keep trying and trying. Especially people with cell phones.
Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
"Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
Film Critic, Link Removed

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Heights is my only true phobia. I dont think I could ever walk a ledge of a skyscraper like you see in the movies but hey, you never know...
I went and got a pilot's license since I'm not scared to fly even though I am afraid of heights, go figure.
Also, I continually push myself to the limits when it comes to hiking up to severe heights. Any of you guys who have done some hiking out west in Utah and Arizona know what I'm talking about. I like to find the most treacherous hike, you know the kind that one slip means death and you have to rely on those chains bolted into the rock. My knees quake and I'm scared shitless, but I do it anyway. I always hope that the next time I simply won't be afraid anymore but that's never the case. I can't seem to shake it, even though I continually confront this stupid phobia. Weird.
------------------
rickyhustle.com

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I don't know what the name of the phobia I have is, perhaps "Transformaphobia". I'm afraid of being changed into an animal or stone. I rationally know this cannot happen to me, but I get terrified when I see this sort of thing happen in the movies. I think it first started when I saw "Pinnochio" and his friend being turned into a donkey.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i'm scared of heights
the weird thing is i'm not scared until i'm on something high and then look at something higher, otherwise im fine

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
creepy crawlies creepy crawlies!! UGH...mainly spiders just cuz they are gross looking (the big ones aint bad, but i wouldn't want to have one in my house). I think Bees or wasps, or anything that can sting you...i never have even been stung, it just freaks me out for some reason.
Non-OAR DVDs scare the hell out of me
biggrin.gif

------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Though I'm not scared of them, I avoid pennies. I don't touch them, ever. If I'm getting change from a store or a gas station, I make the cashier pick the pennies out.
The other thing that freaks me out and makes me feel ill to look at it is bodily fluids. Spit is the most common, of course, and every time I see someone spit on the sidewalk, I feel my gorge rise. I won't kiss on the mouth either. Anything that involves spit or drool, count me out.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Snakes. When I was very young (under 2) a snake wrapped itself around my leg while I was in the back yard. I just stayed still and cried until it got bored and left. Ever since then I can't even look at them in a book without getting freaked out. I even hyper-ventilated once when I found out that I was going to be around one at a friends house.
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Didaskaleinophobia - Fear of going to school.
Glossophobia - Fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
Scolionophobia - Fear of school.
Telephonophobia - Fear of telephones (Now why am I afraid of phones you might ask? Whenever I have to call a girl on the phone, I'm scared to dial the phone. Ala, I'm a afraid of the phone :)).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on September 14, 2001 at 11:37 PM]

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I have a huge fear of insects and heights. The scene with the thousands of bugs in Temple of Doom disturbs and digusts me more than anything I have ever seen in a movie.
------------------
flag.jpg

Michael_UK

Stunt Coordinator
Hey some of these surgestions are *NOT* Phobias, Rational things that you are Scared of are NOT proper Phobias e.g. Sharks, Aligators, Fire, Tortured by mad men and Sentenced to electric chair.
I hate spiders but not as much as some people.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
One, and only one, irrational fear. I am deathly afraid of losing a fingernail. I know that they are securely fastened to our fingers, but any brush with an object causes a shiver down my spine. I've been known to put gloves on for any and all outside work for this reason.
Needless to say, Stir of Echoes has a scene that was incredibly effective for me.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ahhhh. I have a fear of having my humor misinterpreted!
Just kidding, sorry.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks