What's new

Philly officials may ban kids from later PG films (1 Viewer)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Or better yet...pistolwhipping anyone in a movie that talks out of turn?

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
Wow. What a retarded sounding bill. Most families aren't even able to get together and enjoy something like a movie until AFTER 7pm. Mostly due to children in school, parents at work, and other logistical issues every day. I should hope something like that wouldn't get passed everywhere.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The title is misleading. The article states that the ban would not let children under 6 attend any film after 7 p.m. that is not rated G, so movies rated PG-13 and up would apply as well.

TedT

Second Unit
I think the ban should be left to the individual theater.

If I found a theater that supported the ban, I certainly would go to it more often.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Does the Philadelphia City Council not have anything better to do with their time? I'm all for the concept of banning children under a certain age from late running shows but that should be left to the theaters. No children under 13 for PG-13 and R films after 7pm would be sufficient.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

That's pretty much it. Like most major cities, the power structure is designed to give mayors all the power. City Council has very limited power. About half of Philadelphia City Council never shows up to Council meetings since there really is nothing for them to do.

Kenney plans to run for mayor in 2007 -- it sounds like he's just trying to get his name in the news. It wokred.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Is this really something the government needs to be stepping in on? Telling people when they can attend movies at privately owned movie theaters? A theater making such a policy is one thing (and something I'd probably support, especially for movies where there are multiple screens have one be kid-free), but having the government step in here is a pretty strong move.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Well, hell, in that instance at least, tax dollars go to Baseball (about $19B worth).. last I checked, no tax dollars go to a movie theater.. though all movie theaters -pay- taxes, sales taxes, income taxes, property taxes, etc. :)

I say, let this be something the theaters regulate for themselves. Then patronize the ones with the policy you like.

(gotta run, going to start showing Blade Trinity in 8 minutes here)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Since both have a "the state knows best" attitude, one is as applicable as the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks