Philly-ites, Linvilla Orchads Octogon Barn burns

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm sure all of us remember it from our childhood. This was the source of the Linville's superb cider and the storefront for selling their wares. A 100 year old historical landmark is now ashes

I did the first Y-100 Haunted House at Linvilla, and got to know the Linvilles a little bit. They are some of the most generous people I have ever met. Not only did they extend employee privilages to those of us working in the haunted house, but they would come by with fresh cider donuts and warm cider right from the barrel on slow nights.

It's a sad day

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    that is sad.
    is that the store were they sell the fresh veggies an friut or anopther part of linvilla?
    what happened with the animals they are very close to the store and somewere on the front of the store sometimes.
    they used to have a goat in a little cage near the store front. he was very funny because he would charge at you if you tried to pet him. mostly it seemed playful but sometimes it was to show who the boss was.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/3877414.htm
    http://www.linvilla.com/index.html

3. Joe McCabe

Joe McCabe Second Unit

This is very sad.

Linvilla has been a small part of my life ever since I can remember. It's one of those places so familiar, that you can smell it just by thinking about it.
    My Mother and Grandmother used to take me there on weekends.
    In Elementary school, we used to take field trips there, with the highlight being a free cup of cider.
    And now, I've been taking my own children to Linvilla.

Sadly, the Fall was the greatest time of year at Linvilla, with Cider, Caramel Apples, and Pumpkin Pie.

It just won't be the same this year.

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i drove by today as its right around the corner from me.
    it is still open. the only thing is that whatever was actually in the barn is no longer there.
    it jsut looks like it blew up.