Phillips Plasma....I'll keep my KP53HS10

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Nolan, May 20, 2001.

1. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan Stunt Coordinator

I just viewed Phillips plasma display at Best Buy today and for the money (around $7500) I would not even consider plasma.My RPTV has a brighter/finer pic by far! The pic was fuzzy dull and somewhat pixelated. Not knowing much about plasma I sure hope they can be calibrated to achieve a much better pic than I saw!
    JMTC
    Kevin

2. KeithR

KeithR Second Unit

Yes, the Phillips is poor. Before you make such a hasty comparison, compare the Panny 42" plasma...people have said on avsforum, that it beats their ISF configured Pioneer Elites. I have seen the Phillips right next to the Sony and Panny, and the Panny was amazing. I also saw the Runco 50", and it beat any RPTV i have ever seen....never seen such bright, yet accurate colors...while doing amazing contrast. Of course the Runco uses Panny OEMs...

3. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

Although you would have to drive the TV harder (is that a bad thing with plasma?), I think they should be using some sort of dark tinting on the front glass to improve "blacks".
    The Sony 53HS10 does look great for the money doesn't it? I only hope someone thinks mine looks even better for $1900/picked-up [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Jim
    -------
    Mancow rocks! www.mancow.com