What's new

Phillips 46pp9302 (1 Viewer)

Luis_Cortes

Auditioning
Does anyone own one of these? This thing has a 32 multipoint digital convergence alignment. Does any one have any hints to align this thing? Got Blue halos around fonts and other objects on the screen. Thank you

mike wazonek

Auditioning
Luis: I have a 46pp9302 and have done service level convergence adjustments. Firstly I would like to know what software version your set has? The newer 46pp has more convergence adjustments in the service level than the earlier models. What you need to do is use the remote and key in 062597 and then press the status/exit button - this will bring you to the service mode. Then go into "convergence settings without video" - you will then see either 4 color modes or somewhere around 8 levels of adjustments starting with the green (never adjust the green)the 8 levels will represent the newer software version. You start with the first level after the green which I believe is green to red - The grid pattern should be all aligned and if it is not you will see red lines above or below the green - you will need to adjust the centre lines with the remote so the grid is all one color. This is done in the same manner you would adjust the convergence in the user menu. Once you have the first level done go on to the next level and so on until all the color levels are done - On the newer version software you do not need to adjust the last 4 fields in the service menu. To exit out of the service level you use the remote and power the tv off. This procedure will have to be done for all the inputs. Once you have adjusted the convergence and if you still see blue halo's around lettering etc you can try one other thing and that is to adjust the blue gun focus and if necessary slightly reduce the blue gun brightness. This is quite easily done by removing the rear cover and in the middle of the upper part of the chassis you will see a black box with 6 adjustment knobs - 3 are the focus controls for each gun and 3 are the brightness controls for each gun. In order to adjust the focus you will need a test pattern on the screen such as the AVIA testDVD and look for a solid line which would have blue in it and then adjust the focus slightly and see if the line widens or narrows - the narrower the better. The blue gun brightness can be backed off slightly and you can see the brightness of the tube through the back of the tv - You only need to reduce this slightly if the tv tends to push blue. These two adjustments should eliminate any of the blue halos that you are talking about. I know some of this sounds rather technical but it is not that difficult to do. If you want to try this and need some help you can e-mail me and I can send you my phone # and I can walk you through the procedure -

Hope this helps - one thing you will definately notice is that once these field level convergence adjustments are done the picture quality is spectacular.

Regards Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks