Phillips 30PW850H99 refurb for $539

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tom#B, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Tom#B

Tom#B Stunt Coordinator

The Phillips 30PW850H99 (refurbished)is being offered for $539 plus free shipping. Go to gotapex.com and you'll find the link. What is this TV generally going for these days? Can anyone share any personal knowledge of this set? Sounds like an inexpensive way to get into a second HD set.

Thanks.

Tom

2. John S

John S Producer

My favorite Philips refurb source has similar pricing., so that is a good deal....

New it seems to go for around the $800 to $900 mark...
    It gets mixed reviews just like most other sets.

I know somebody that bought one, and hated it. But he sold it to somebody else I know and they love it.

If I remember correctly, the person that hated it, said it locked full on 480p which is fine for widescreen movies, but terrible for any 4:3 stuff.

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I was considering the same set and came across it at a price of $600 refurbished w/ free shipping directly from Philips. I ended up going with a different Philips set, the 32PT740H, a non-flat 32" 4:3 HDTV for $500 w/ free shipping. The same place has the 30PW850H for $575 w/ free shipping, so if the place you found is charging shipping then you're probably paying more there. 30PW8402H for $600 shipped. This set adds Eye Fidelity line-doubling ane more importatntly an HDMI input. You might want to check them out at www.electronicsnation.com

4. John S

John S Producer

I have to also post up a link to my favorite Philips, refurb guys...

www.electronicsalley.com

Two other people I know, bought their sets from them also since I bought mine last year. And they were equally pleased with the experience as well.

One of the coolest sets, is the 43pp9202, extremely small footprint for a CRT rear projection. The guy here at work, that got that one, was going to buy the massive 40" Sony Direct View, and ended up with this set instead after comming over to my place and getting a good DEMO of my 60pp9202 for an evening. He is real happy with it, I was shocked at how small the foot print is, especially compared to my 60".....

5. John S

John S Producer

Well dang... I hope you got one... Enough people must of thought that was a great deal!

I just went to the gotapex site, and they are all out of them!

The 34" is still a good deal too, especially with free shipping.