What's new

phillips 30 in widescreen flat hdtv (1 Viewer)

Kevin G.

Second Unit
OK I got all my sound equipment up to date and now the TV is going out!!!
Checking out the Phillips 30" wide HDTV, any experiences out there? Good, Bad...Ugly?
How are the Phillips?
I'm stretching my price range at 900.00, and am limited to size as my current junker,(early 90's RCA no video/audio ins or outs) is in an armoire style entertainment center.
That model is perfect to fit in the cabinet.
I've had tremendous help from this forum in upgrading my speakers and am looking forward to you video guys' input

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Don't know if you're up to spending apx $1700...if so...take a look at the Sony KV30XBR910. If a store stocks either the 30" or 34" XBR that's lucky, most big box stores don't. Check mag reviews cited in this forum re: the 910 and you'll be tempted.

John S

Senior HTF Member
If your seriously considering Philips...

Check these guys out....

www.electronicsalley.com

I bought my Philips 60" from them, and I am extremely pleased by the price and the performance.

Ordering off the net has its advantages and disadvantages though. Just through a series of unavoidable delays, I waited 17 business days for mine.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Looks like everything is refurbished
what's the warranty situation look like for them?
you said your very satisfied, with the TV, or the service from these guys?
I knew I'd get some great feedback from everyone here thanks loads!!!!

John S

Senior HTF Member
They answer emails extremely promptly.

I have not had any service issues. The warranty is the Philips warranty. They (Philips) will also offer extended warranty. I am considering it. $170 for 3 additional years.

My 60PP9202 was $1248 to my door. But I think I saved some shipping, as in the end, Philips shipped it directly to me, instead of them, so a bit of a bonus for them being out of stock on that model I suppose, but they only charge like $80 for their largest TV's for shipping anywhere in the US.

My set, had zero blems, looked brand new, and performs, extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread