What's new

philips rptv color fade and glow (1 Viewer)

ms1780

Auditioning
Real Name
mike shull
I just bought a used philips 46in rptv and the color is faded and the blue and green have a halo. I moved the tv about 30 miles in 10 degree weather. It was fine before I moved it. I have looked in the blue and green crt and the fluid is yellowish, but clean. If it is supposed to be clear that may be the issue. Also it is like this on all inputs. Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Ernest

Supporting Actor
You did not say what type of TV you purchased but the way you described the problem I suspect it is a rear projection with 3 CRT tubes, red, green and blue? If so, the CRT tubes need to be realigned because during the movement they were knocked out of alignment. Some rear projections have a button on the front of the TV that when pushed will align the CRTS. Otherwise, you will have to enter the setup menu and select CRT alignment and align the tubes.

Normally, it is not very hard just time consuming. Once aligned the TV will should display a terrific picture. Even with the gains LCD and plasma have made the old CRT tubes displayed black levels that are still better than anything on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks