1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Philips "Mirror" Plasma

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Caudill, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone seen/ heard of a new HDTV plasma display by Philips (I think) that when turned off works as a mirror? I have heard from two people that this is on its way out. One of them saw it in a Home and Garden show in Charleston, SC the other is a dealer who saw it in some of his literature. Neither knew too much about it. I am curious about how it works and any other info someone might have. Thanks, Jason

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jason:

Interesting to say the least. I haven't seen or heard of one of these units but it would be cool.

I have always thought that having a Plasma that had changing pictures of your favorite artwork would be cool too.

Parker

3. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

It probably has a semi-transparent mirror in front of the plasma screen. If this is the case, the contrast/brightness will be subpar compared to other plasmas, and you'll be able to see yourself watching TV. [​IMG]

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Kevin:

Yes I realize you can hook up your PC to do that I just think it would be cool where you could put a CDR or similar into the side of the plasma and have it rotate a few select pictures around for you.

Parker

5. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator