What's new

Philips Hue Question (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
For those of you with a Philips Hue setup (either color or Lux), can the app/remote make the lights slowly dim all the way down to off? And then dim back up from there? I want something for six ceiling fixtures in my HT and have been disappointed with TCP Connected and GE Link as the bulbs do not go all the way off.

Thanks.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I have programmed my lights to slowly cycle through various themes in the evening. Around 11:30 they begin to fade from a "moonlight" mode to off. The lights do fade but cut off suddenly at a certain point. Then they are totally turned off.

I also use geofencing to turn off my lights when I leave the house with my phone in tow.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Thanks, I picked up a set of the Hue Lux and am just starting to play with them, but it doesn't look like the app can do a timed sequence as I'd like: with one tap on my phone I want a stair light to begin to dim, then a few seconds later the 3 lights over the seating to begin to dim, then a few seconds later the final 2 screen lights to dim. With the Philips app, it's all at the same time.

I see there are some 3rd party apps that look like they can do a sequence like I want - I have to investigate them further.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks