What's new

Philips DVP642 - Disc stuck in player help (1 Viewer)

Jamie McGonigle

Auditioning
Hey everyone
I have a DVP642, never had a problem with it until now. I went out of town for a week and came back to find that my player now won't open, when I press open the LCD display will read Open like it is trying to open and just stay that way and eventually go into standby power/off. I've tried unplugging it overnight and plugging it back in as Philips' website suggested without luck. I really don't want to have to have to send it back/buy a new player over something so absurd, is there a way to force eject the thing or something?

MikeGee

Second Unit
I had that player, I had the SAME problem. Except the problem i had was because i tried to upgrade the firmware and it went to hell and decided to never work again.
Not much you can do besides opening up the thing by taking it apart.

Jamie McGonigle

Auditioning
Damn, it's looking like i'm going to have to buy a new player and break this bitch open then to get Twin Peaks out of it :frowning:

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Is there a tiny round hole in or near the drawer just big enough for a straightened out paper clip to fit into? At least computer DVD drives have this hole for the purpose of opening the drawer with the power off. You stick the paper clip wire straight in and push slowly and firmly.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks