Philips DVD963SA or ???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by michael_tran, Jun 27, 2002.

1. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

Hi,
    I am in a market for a new DVD player for $500 or less, must be in silver, anyone has experienced with the new Philips? anything else comparable or better in the same price range? How about the Pana RP91 or the new RP82? any helps appreciated...

2. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

Hello guys,
    So I guess the Philips DVD963sa is not the favorite huh? What about the alternate? RP91 or RP82? is the RP82 better than the RP91?

3. Han

Han Second Unit

I'd be really surprised if the RP-82 or the Philips 963 are out right now.

BTW, the 82 is silver+black, so not fully silver if that'll be a problem for you. If silver is your only requirement, why not get the Panasonic RP-62?

4. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

Han, the RP-82 or the Philips 963 are avail right now, at least at this website www.shoppersadvantage.com, I did called them up to verify, do you know anything about the Philips?

5. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

I just picked up the RP-62 today as a temporary player until my Malata gets repaired--it's a wonderful player and unless you need DVD-Audio or a digital coax out, I wouldn't hesitate to pick one up. On my set-up using a front projector on a 7-ft. diagonal screen, it gives very pleasing results. For $179 from Best Buy and other mass market retailers, it's an absolute steal.

6. BradP

BradP Guest

Do NOT trust Shoppers Advantage. They advertise the 963 but only in fact have the 962, and they want more money for it than the advertise the 963.

I was told they had it, so I joined and ordered. After about 20 days and many emails and calls they finally admitted they don't have the Philips 963SACD.

Why? From what I hear it doesn't exist yet. Philips says it will be released in September. Folks here tell me to expect it to take even longer.

After the Sony NS715P having the Chroma Key Bug, this player is definitely a front runner for me looking at the specs -- Or perhaps the Panasonic RP82 if I decide to go without SACD.

Brad