What's new

Philips DVD940AT...opinions? (1 Viewer)

Frank_K

Auditioning
Yes, I know that the Philips DVD940AT is a DVD player from about 1 1/2 years ago, which is about how long I've owned it.

I have it hooked to a Sony 53HS10 (Digital/HD ready set), but now I'm considering upgrading to a progressive scan... because I've heard that it's much better than interlaced on a capable TV such as mine.

However, I find no fault with the picture from my current Philips 940 DVD player, and in fact find it gives me a beautiful picture.

(I have no problems with freeze up since I upgraded the firmware, so this is a non-issue.)

So the questions I have are:

1. Are the current crop of DVD players better enough than the 940 to warrant an upgrade?

2. In the opinions of those who have experienced the picture put out by the 940, how do you feel its picture rates with those of newer players (whatever brand - although I am leaning toward the JVC and Panasonic progressive players)?

3. Would a progressive scan player (again, whatever brand) provide a significant improvement over the 940. (Honestly, though, I do not really notice any artifacts that are supposedly inherent in an interlaced player).

Thanks, Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks