1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Philips DVD782CH 5-DVD Changer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimBarrese, Aug 20, 2001.

1. JimBarrese

JimBarrese Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion or experience with this Philips player. I was just over at BB and picked up the Pioneer 503 changer because I'd been eyeing it for a while and then noticed this weekend the price had been lowered to $199 plus I had the 10% off coupon. When I got home I looked at BB web site and noticed they also had this Philips player for the same price and that it had all the same features as the Pioneer (basically) plus it can play PAL and NTSC discs. Does that mean it can play a PAL disc and convert it to an NTSC display or do you need a PAL TV? If it can convert and has a decent reputation I might go back and switch players. I've looked around and couldn't find much info on this player so I think it's fairly new. I've had a Philips player for 3+ yrs and have had a good experience with it, now I want to upgrade to a player that is DTS and CDR compatible.
    ------------------

2. JimBarrese

Bump
    Anyone know anything about this player?
    ------------------

3. JimBarrese

I can't believe no one here knows anything about this player. Oh well, last time I'm sending this thread to the top.
    ------------------