What's new

Philips color temp settings (1 Viewer)

Ken Horowitz

Agent
I have a Philips 32RF82S, which has color temp settings of "warm", "normal", and "cool". However, nowhere in the manual or website do they specify the Kelvin temperature for these settings. I've done a bunch of web searches, called service centers, and come up with nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Ken, most manufacturers come closest to the D6,500 setting in the "warm" color mode (those labels are misleading, too: so-called "cool" is actually the hottest, bluest setting while so-called "warm" is cooler and more accurate).

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

It's just that we associate red with warm and blue with cool ...

Go figure ...

Regards

Ken Horowitz

Agent
The terms are familiar in photography -- if you use daylight film indoors, you get a "warmer" picture (leaning toward red); and if you use tungsten film outdoors, you get a "cooler" look (leaning toward blue).

So "warm" and "cool" in these contexts deal with our visual perception, as opposed to actual temperatures.

But still, it would be nice if Philips gave me some real Kelvin numbers for reference.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, even if Philips did say "warm" matches D6,500, chances are it's not an exact match. That's why you need people like Michael TLV.

Ken Horowitz

Agent
Just for the record, I finally heard back from Philips with the Kelvin temperatures for the settings:

Warm -- 6,500
Normal -- 9,300
Cool -- 12,500

All are supposedly +/- 10-15%.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks