Philips 27PT6441 & 27PT6442(black)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Matt_Go, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Matt_Go

Matt_Go Auditioning

Anyone had experience with the Philips 27PT6441 or 27PT6442? Saw 'em last night and have added them to my list of potential purchases. It's narrowed to these, Toshiba 27a44, JVC AVD305, and Sansui TVS273. The list keeps growing...
    Please advise if you can. Thanks.

Matt

2. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

I would say the toshiba, and jvc are better sets from service experience. The philips sets didn't have many problems, but from a tech side they are hard to get tech assistance with, sansui tech support is non existent basically if something goes wrong it takes longer to fix those

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I could be wrong but from looking at the Sansui set & the remote it looks like it might be made by Toshiba. I don't know what kind of price you saw on the set but Best Buy did have it on sale for $239.99 but if I was you I would look at the Toshiba or JVC sets because they have the 16:9 DVD Mode & probably better Power Supplies. I've seen the JVC for as low as $268.88 & whatever you do don't buy Best Buy's JVC model it doesn't compare with the "Regular" 27" JVC. I've also seen the Sony 27" FS120 for as low as $299.00 which also has the 16:9 DVD Mode. The prices I'm giving you are just to let you know how low they can be discounted too but you'll have to fight with your local stores if their asking more for them.

4. mike wazonek

mike wazonek Auditioning

As far as the Philips is concerned I have read somewhere that Philips is the only manufacturer worldwide of 27 inch picture tubes and have also read that 3 of out every crt televisions made today have their tubes so the toshiba or whoever's 27 in tv will have a Philips tube in it and the tube is the heart of the tv. Quality should not be an issue with the Toshiba, Philips JVC etc and I know here in Canada Philips offers a 4 year warranty on their crt & lcd pc monitors so that should say something about the quality.

Wazy