Phil Collins First Farewell Tour DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam Sanchez, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Adam Sanchez

Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

Hey all. Does anyone else have this concert DVD? It's a great show. (I saw him during this tour, though not during The show the DVD is filmed at.)

Anyway either my DVD player sucks or this movie has some horrible authoring. On my player the concert wont pause (operation prohibited by disc) and if I stop it, it "resumes at the beginning" instead of at the stop point like every other disc I own.

Has anyone else has simular problems?

For some reason (and I am curious if others are like this) I can not watch a concert DVD in one sitting. I just can't stay with it. I treat my concert DVD almost like Cds and just listen to a track here or there once in awhile. I have about 6 concert DVDs and I have only watch ONE ever all the way through. (Eagles: HFO) The others I have only watched bits of.

So getting to my point, since I can't watch these in one sitting, not being able to stop or pause this one without losing my spot sucks!

2. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Maybe it was directed by David Lynch. [​IMG]

3. Adam Sanchez

It never occured to me before, but maybe my discs are just bad? I got this DVD a few months back. Far too late to return it.

No one has this concert? Was hoping to see if others have my same problems.

4. Adam Sanchez

I whipped out this DVD tonight to have something on while I do homework and it made me think of this Thread.

Does anyone else have this disc with authoring problems? The one I have just has awful control problems. I can't pause, or if I stop it doesn't save my spot, it just plays from the beginning. (and yes my player does have a resume feature... this disc just ignores it.)

if anyone has this concert, please post up if you have problems controlling it.

How could I go about exchanging it? Could I contact the vendor maybe?

5. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I have this disc set and no problems with any problems here. I also went to this concert tour when he was here in Michigan. Great energetic show and I loved anytime Phil stepped behind the set. I was happy to see the DVD's were a good representation of the concerty. Love this disc set.

6. Adam Sanchez

Yeah I saw it in San Jose during the tour. He is probably my favorite singer and I loved the show. One thing our show had that the DVD didn't was this GREAT Duet of Seperate Lives. It was a Man and a woman singing it and they kind of took over the show, Phil barely even sung.

Anyway The DVD. I guess mine is bad. I should of thought to return it when I got it. Just really bad authored. Not a good sign when you can't even pause a movie. "Operation prohibited by disc" is what I get.

Do you know what company distrubited this DVD? if I can get ahold of them, maybe I can get an exchange...

7. TommyJD

TommyJD Stunt Coordinator

I have this disc also and have had no problems at all.Also bought a copy for my sister and as far as I know she has had no problems either.

8. Adam Sanchez

So it's definately a fluke thing with my copy... but what can I do to get it replaced? (Short of rebuying it.)

9. KevA

KevA Stunt Coordinator

I have this disc and I get the same thing: you cannot pause, nor can you change the audio without going to the menu section. If I press stop, however, it will resume from the previous position when I press play again.

I think this is just how the disc was authored.

10. Adam Sanchez

Well that's curious. Others were saying it's fine.... weird.

11. Eric_R.

Eric_R. Stunt Coordinator

Haven't had any problems with my copy. I've had mine since it came out.

It's what every concert dvd should be, but this one would have been great on BlueRay or HD-DVD. With so many features, the pic quality on the main show suffers but its still damn good.

12. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

Our show had the same duet for Seperate Lives that you are talking about where Phil barely sung. During the opening drum duet, the other drumer lost one of his sticks, but quickly recovered. The stick went about 20 feet in the air. Phil just looked at him and smiled as they played on.