What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
My room is 4m wide and 6m deep. There are three rows of 4 seats over risers, total 12 seats.

email size (Large).jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Is that a decent size room, as I've been looking up 16x16 rooms on Google images and I get a lot of math and very little actual room pictures.
aa.jpg

Not a picture of my living room but, just past the dinning room table is a 16 by 16 room.

murrayThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Murray Thompson
Is that real, as it looks like it's from a video game
It sure is real, House & Garden took images of my house and theatre and ran a 12 page article on it. My signature has all the images of the theatre and build. Infact that image is old, since then I have new seats and stars on the ceiling. The Ten Commandments BD upscaled to 4K through madvr looks amazing on my screen.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
The 4K disc will be most welcome, but my regret that my Mom isn’t around to enjoy her old favourite in the highest resolution yet on my new 4K projector (and believe me when I say that it’s a real regret too) will be mitigated by the use that I put the splendid Blu-Ray box set to in the Spring of 2011. Here, cut and pasted from HTF elsewhere, is my story:

“I saw "The Ten Commandments" with my Mom a couple of times in the early 1960's when it was re-released in our local theatres. My Mom was a big fan, and I acquired and we watched each new and improved home video version from VHS to laserdisc to DVD as they arrived over the years, kind of like an at-home version of re-releasing. My Mom had a serious stroke at the beginning of 2011, and she was in hospital for two months and then in a care facility for rehab for another month. That amazing "Ten Commandments" Blu-Ray box set came out at around that time, and I brought it to show my Mom, who was quite delighted by how elaborate the box was, especially that there were actually two tablets containing "The Ten Commandments". One Saturday in early April I asked the people at the care facility if I could bring Mom home for the afternoon to watch at least the first half, and that's what we did. It was a wonderful afternoon, and I told Mom we'd try it again the next Saturday so she could watch the second half. When I picked her up, I asked the doctor on duty if it would be okay if I didn't bring her back, and the doctor said sure, why not try it? We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of "The Ten Commandments" that day, and my Mom never did go back to the care facility, celebrating her 88th birthday at home a week later and spending nearly two more happy, comfortable, and active years with me there. So that wonderful Blu-Ray box set of that wonderful, corny old movie will always have a special place in my heart.”

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
It sure is real, House & Garden took images of my house and theatre and ran a 12 page article on it. My signature has all the images of the theatre and build. Infact that image is old, since then I have new seats and stars on the ceiling. The Ten Commandments BD upscaled to 4K through madvr looks amazing on my screen.

That's a beautiful room, thanks for sharing it. Definitely something for me to aspire to emulate one day!

I'm really looking forward to this release, I have the bluray and it's amazing. This is one of my favorite films of all time. I suppose i've had it in almost every format since VHS.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
That's a beautiful room, thanks for sharing it. Definitely something for me to aspire to emulate one day!

I'm really looking forward to this release, I have the bluray and it's amazing. This is one of my favorite films of all time. I suppose i've had it in almost every format since VHS.
It gives every indication of being a quality release.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Amazing insight even though Brynner was shorter than Heston Brynner towers over Heston! His performance makes the film! Off topic does Paramount still have the big painting of Vic Mature as Samson!

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
The 4K disc will be most welcome, but my regret that my Mom isn’t around to enjoy her old favourite in the highest resolution yet on my new 4K projector (and believe me when I say that it’s a real regret too) will be mitigated by the use that I put the splendid Blu-Ray box set to in the Spring of 2011. Here, cut and pasted from HTF elsewhere, is my story:

“I saw "The Ten Commandments" with my Mom a couple of times in the early 1960's when it was re-released in our local theatres. My Mom was a big fan, and I acquired and we watched each new and improved home video version from VHS to laserdisc to DVD as they arrived over the years, kind of like an at-home version of re-releasing. My Mom had a serious stroke at the beginning of 2011, and she was in hospital for two months and then in a care facility for rehab for another month. That amazing "Ten Commandments" Blu-Ray box set came out at around that time, and I brought it to show my Mom, who was quite delighted by how elaborate the box was, especially that there were actually two tablets containing "The Ten Commandments". One Saturday in early April I asked the people at the care facility if I could bring Mom home for the afternoon to watch at least the first half, and that's what we did. It was a wonderful afternoon, and I told Mom we'd try it again the next Saturday so she could watch the second half. When I picked her up, I asked the doctor on duty if it would be okay if I didn't bring her back, and the doctor said sure, why not try it? We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of "The Ten Commandments" that day, and my Mom never did go back to the care facility, celebrating her 88th birthday at home a week later and spending nearly two more happy, comfortable, and active years with me there. So that wonderful Blu-Ray box set of that wonderful, corny old movie will always have a special place in my heart.”
What a beautiful story which brought tears to my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the associate
Recent bookmarks