bujaki

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw "The Ten Commandments" with my Mom a couple of times in the early 1960's when it was re-released in our local theatres. My Mom was a big fan, and I acquired and we watched each new and improved home video version from VHS to laserdisc to DVD as they arrived over the years, kind of like an at-home version of re-releasing. My Mom had a serious stroke at the beginning of 2013, and she was in hospital for two months and then in a care facility for rehab for another month. That amazing "Ten Commandments" Blu-Ray box set came out at around that time, and I brought it to show my Mom, who was quite delighted by how elaborate the box was, especially that there were actually two tablets containing "The Ten Commandments". One Saturday in early April I asked the people at the care facility if I could bring Mom home for the afternoon to watch at least the first half, and that's what we did. It was a wonderful afternoon, and I told Mom we'd try it again the next Saturday so she could watch the second half. When I picked her up, I asked the doctor on duty if it would be okay if I didn't bring her back, and the doctor said sure, why not try it? We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of "The Ten Commandments" that day, and my Mom never did go back to the care facility, celebrating her 88th birthday at home a week later and spending nearly two more happy, comfortable, and active years with me there. So that wonderful Blu-Ray box set of that wonderful, corny old movie will always have a special place in my heart.

Any extra days with Mom are always to be cherished because they'll never be repeated except in your heart.

Reaction score
Website
www.blu-ray.com
Real Name
Murray Thompson
I was really upset over my big numbered box set of the 10 Commandments with the tablet covers. The discs are so hard to remove one of the BD discs snapped and broke into pieces. I emailed Amazon about it but they wouldnt do anything to help me :(

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Darrell
I love the silent version of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. It was actually made on location in San Francisco in a tall building with actual camera shots going up and down an elevator that was copied in The Fountainhead later. And there is a cool scene where NIta Naldi makes one of the most exciting entrances in Hollywood history where she cuts herself out of a sack that has been delivered from a boat onto a dock. Plus you get the Katherine Orrison commentary. I wish she'd do the commentary for everything. She is the best.

Reactions: Rob_Ray

noel aguirre

Supporting Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
noel
I’d prefer a 3D version like Titanic and The Wizard of Oz. I feel the need for the Red Sea to split in 3 dimensions as well as the Golden calf scene. I think I had stills on 3D in my ViewMaster collection if memory serves.

Reactions: B-ROLL

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Chris
yay! the 12th version of this release! so many great movies not yet released on Bluray.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Not a new transfer, and digibooks are for me the absolutely worst packaging format. They don't protect the disks and the book content is non-existent. Just a bunch of pictures. Big deal!

Note to Paramount: If you want me to buy anything from you, bring out or license on blu-ray all those John Wayne films you issued on DVD. Otherwise, you'll have to do without any $$$ from me.

usrunnr

Writer
Reaction score
Real Name
usrunnr
Does this new Blu-ray set include the 6-Part Documentary: "Moses/the Chosen People/Land of the Pharoahs/The Paramount Lot/ The Score/Mr. DeMille" that was on the 2006 50th Anniversary Collection DVD set????? Thank you.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgasingh307