What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: The Godfather Trilogy (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (including gift set and reissues) (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
That’s the non box-o-junk did you see the Junk edition on DD?
Nevermind. Here it is.

Deep Discount has it 118.00 Amazon is c-wazy

The Godfather Trilogy [4K UHD]

The Godfather Trilogy [4K UHD]

$182.99$182.99

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Also, IF you're going to order from DD, might as well wait til release week and then also get to apply either a 10% or 15% coupon to boot -- there's almost always a 10% coupon available and often enough also a 15% one...

Of course, there's a chance they might hike the price a little bit very soon after release day, but it shouldn't be worse than the new price w/ 10% coupon...

_Man_
There's a 10% DD coupon floating around now. There usually is at any given moment. I used it on my preorder this morning.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
DD seems to only have 15% off these days when items are in stock. Never used to be like that but then when they first opened they had 20-25% off sales 20 years ago.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
I am so over The Godfather, I'll pass. It was good for awhile but enough is enough.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
I am so over The Godfather, I'll pass. It was good for awhile but enough is enough.

Cool Cool Cool Community GIF

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Unless they do it unprompted, people have emailed them to ask for a price match on an upcoming title and sometimes they change the price. Someone might need to make Amazon aware of DD’s price.
Otherwise when you preorder an item from them, if the price ever goes down on Amazon before it ships, you will always get the lowest price they offered.

Amazon is the easiest place to cancel an order so if it doesn’t go to a price that you feel is low enough you cancel before it ships.
Okay, that’s not exactly the price matching guarantee I expected when you mentioned it.

I know I will always get the lowest price on Amazon when preordering but I am not very confident I can ask them to drop a disc price by $30 just because another etailer has it for less.

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
I know it will never happen as both Coppola and Pacino have "disavowed it" but I so love the COMPLETE NOVEL FOR TELEVISION or whatever its called, It had all the extra scenes and it was so rich and I would love to have it remastered. I still have the ancient laser disc but...its not the same.

Chewbabka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Okay, that’s not exactly the price matching guarantee I expected when you mentioned it.

I know I will always get the lowest price on Amazon when preordering but I am not very confident I can ask them to drop a disc price by $30 just because another etailer has it for less.

Best Buy does this if you contact them over chat. But they’ll only match the price AFTER the release date. So you can preorder, and they do like Amazon and give the lowest price during the pre-order period. Then once it ships, if someone is still offering it cheaper, you can get an agent to refund the difference.

They’ll match through the end of the return period too.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That version was fully remastered in HD and has aired several times on HBO. I don’t know if it’ll ever come out on disc but if you’re savvy with a DVR hopefully you can record a copy someday.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I know it will never happen as both Coppola and Pacino have "disavowed it" but I so love the COMPLETE NOVEL FOR TELEVISION or whatever its called, It had all the extra scenes and it was so rich and I would love to have it remastered. I still have the ancient laser disc but...its not the same.
That would be ideal for Paramount+.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
There's a 10% DD coupon floating around now. There usually is at any given moment. I used it on my preorder this morning.

I forgot those might work for preorders. They're not reusable though, right? Think that's partly why I haven't used them yet.

Guess I'll wait a bit and then preorder.

I also have some BB GC + a limited time $10 rewards code I might want to use on this if Best Buy offers it at this price by release date, which might well happen -- actually, they also generally do PM too though not against coupons...

_Man_

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That version was fully remastered in HD and has aired several times on HBO. I don’t know if it’ll ever come out on disc but if you’re savvy with a DVR hopefully you can record a copy someday.
Was it just the first two movies or did they add GF Part III to it as well? I swear I saw a "nine hour" version with all three on HBO before.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Was it just the first two movies or did they add GF Part III to it as well? I swear I saw a "nine hour" version with all three on HBO before.

The one I saw was Parts 1 and 2. It looks like it ran about 7 hours and 4 minutes.

There’s also the four part “novel for television” version that AMC ran around 2012 that first aired on network TV in the 70s. It’s a less polished, less complete version of what HBO ran but is interesting for historical purposes. That runs about 6 1/2 hours and has opening and end credits for each part.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The one I saw was Parts 1 and 2. It looks like it ran about 7 hours and 4 minutes.

There’s also the four part “novel for television” version that AMC ran around 2012 that first aired on network TV in the 70s. It’s a less polished, less complete version of what HBO ran but is interesting for historical purposes. That runs about 6 1/2 hours and has opening and end credits for each part.
And has deleted footage we haven't seen elsewhere. Starting around 2 minutes into this, you'll see additional Godfather Part II material playing under the credits, including Connie taking care of an older Michael. An 18 year old Anthony is supposed to show up here. At 3:21 you can see Michael and Anthony walking together. This was the scripted ending to Part II.

And while going down that rabbit hole, I found this alternate "Last time on The Godfather" opening to Part III which aired on AMC. It has a few outtakes of older Michael sitting around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj
Recent bookmarks