What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: The Godfather Trilogy (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (including gift set and reissues) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And here's the answer.

TL;DR Both 4K UHD box sets in the US are 5 discs
It's what I expected to happen as having two different sets of 4K discs that are not identical in material could be problematic.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Heads up!

Target is selling the Limited Collector's Edition for $106

TCM Shop is selling it for $114.95

It has been suggested these prices reflect the actual discount selling price once Amazon goes through its usual period of price reductions prior to actual release date. We shall see.

And Target preorders have sold out. I couldn’t get TCM to load to know what their status is.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I got the tcm shop to open but I had to delete everything after tcm.com
Then searched for godfather but it only brings up the regular 4K set and doesn’t show the special set.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Pre-ordered the box o’ junk edition from Amazon, using the link from this thread. Thanks, Ronald. I don’t have many box o’
junk editions, but the first 2 films of this set are worth having the best quality and quantity of features. I figure Amazon’s price will lower at release time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
We have one up the road, but they never have special engagements of anything. In fact, I was going to use some points I had built up to see the new West Side Story there and they didn't even have it. But they had other films that they had been running for weeks. It's only a six screen theater, but that's still a poor excuse. So having an AMC is no guarantee of anything, including seeing first run releases. I've pretty much written them off my agenda.
I'm pretty sure that only AMCs with Dolby Cinemas are going to have The Godfather so even having a big AMC in your area is no guarantee of being able to see it.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Took a chance that Amazon will match the Target and/or TCM pre-order prices.

So.... Pre-ordered "The Box o' Junk" edition from the HTF link.

Took a chance that Amazon will match the Target and/or TCM pre-order prices.

So.... Pre-ordered "The Box o' Junk" edition from the HTF link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

That's a good price but I am going to wait till the very last minute to order this set to see who has it the cheapest.

Amazon could come down that low.

If I order from DeepDiscount they are a real pain-in-the-ass to cancel an order with. They don't make it easy.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If I order from DeepDiscount they are a real pain-in-the-ass to cancel an order with. They don't make it easy.
True, you have to email their customer service department to cancel an order, but I've done this several times over the past year and they've always responded within 48 hours and taken care of it.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
That's a good price but I am going to wait till the very last minute to order this set to see who has it the cheapest.

Best way to contact them is through instant messenger on their FB page they respond very fast. I had backordered the DVD complete Andy Griffith set for 59.99 it was backordered for months - knowing I am very ill when the set finally came in they gave me 10.00 off as a courtesy for keeping the backorder (then a week later the BLU RAY was announced I kept the DVD set. did not want to push it) Recently they took some of the shipping off for me when I ordered the Alan Ladd Set Vol 3 and also when I ordered two last Christmas gifts after the holiday. Starting to really like them! Amazon though is great also!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Also, IF you're going to order from DD, might as well wait til release week and then also get to apply either a 10% or 15% coupon to boot -- there's almost always a 10% coupon available and often enough also a 15% one...

Of course, there's a chance they might hike the price a little bit very soon after release day, but it shouldn't be worse than the new price w/ 10% coupon...

_Man_

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Also, IF you're going to order from DD, might as well wait til release week and then also get to apply either a 10% or 15% coupon to boot -- there's almost always a 10% coupon available and often enough also a 15% one...

Of course, there's a chance they might hike the price a little bit very soon after release day, but it shouldn't be worse than the new price w/ 10% coupon...

_Man_
Best to pre-order lock it in at 65.00 and then watch as it get ready to ship

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Amazon
Preorder
Price match
Guarantee

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon
Preorder
Price match
Guarantee
Tony, explain this to me…

Deep Discount is selling the Imprint Jerry Lewis set for $60.

Amazon won’t budge from $90

How do I get them to price match as I would rather get it from Amazon?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Unless they do it unprompted, people have emailed them to ask for a price match on an upcoming title and sometimes they change the price. Someone might need to make Amazon aware of DD’s price.
Otherwise when you preorder an item from them, if the price ever goes down on Amazon before it ships, you will always get the lowest price they offered.

Amazon is the easiest place to cancel an order so if it doesn’t go to a price that you feel is low enough you cancel before it ships.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That’s the non box-o-junk did you see the Junk edition on DD?
Nevermind. Here it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks