1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release PHE Press Release: The Addams Family and Addams Family Values (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 15 Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Visit the Family This Halloween!

Just in Time for the New Animated Film, The Addams Family and Addams Family Values
    Arrive on DVD, Blu-ray™ and in a 2-Movie Collection October 1, 2019

AddamsFamily_BD_OSLV_3D. AddamsFamilyValues_BD_OSLV_3D.

Addams Family Values Debuting on Blu-ray for the First time!

Get ready for the most hilarious scarefest of the season with THE ADDAMS FAMILY and ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES on DVD and Blu-ray either individually or in 2-Movie DVD or Blu-ray Collections. Arriving on October 1, 2019—just in time for the new animated feature film hitting theaters October 11th—the kooky, spooky and all-together ooky adventures of the Addams Family are sure to have you screaming…with laughter.

THE ADDAMS FAMILY Synopsis

When long-lost Uncle Fester (Christopher Lloyd) reappears after 25 years in the Bermuda Triangle, Gomez (Raul Julia) and Morticia (Anjelica Huston) plan a celebration to wake the dead. But Wednesday (Christina Ricci) barely has time to warm up her electric chair before Thing points out Fester's uncommonly "normal" behavior. Could this Fester be a fake, part of an evil scheme to raid the Addams fortune?

ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES Synopsis

It's love at first fright when Gomez (Raul Julia) and Morticia (Anjelica Huston) welcome a new addition to the Addams household -- Pubert, their soft, cuddly, mustachioed baby boy. As Fester (Christopher Lloyd) falls hard for voluptuous nanny Debbie Jilinksy (Joan Cusack), Wednesday (Christina Ricci) and Pugsley (Jimmy Workman) discover she's a black-widow murderess who plans to add Fester to her collection of dead husbands. ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES is debuting on Blu-ray for the first time.

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jimbo64, dana martin and ahollis like this.
  2. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Paramount, releasing a new-to-Blu catalog title all by itself? Oh my god...Run! Hide! Flee! This is too scary to contemplate!

...But, thanks.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yes, it would be nice if this signals a new trend for Paramount.

I'm in for Values. I already have the Warner-released blu of the first film. Will have to see if this release offers any sort of upgrade.

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    The HD digital streams of these were on sale recently, but I didn't partake. I like both movies fine, but I'm not sure how much I'd rewatch them. Though they're well made, and everyone does just fine with their roles, my heart kind of belongs to the television series.

Sean Thompson likes this.
  5. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    I prefer VALUES to the original, if only because of the hilarious sequences of Wednesday in a summer camp with "normal" children, who are generally insufferable and way beneath her intellect and dignity.

6. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    Paramount released this back in 2017, this isn't the first time.

7. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Producer

They mean "Values" was never on Blu.

8. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Not holding my breath on that. This ADDAMS FAMILY release is part of a promotion for an upcoming film.

Todd Erwin and TravisR like this.
  9. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    This time around would of been great to included long overdue special features, as I've wanted to know all the behind the scenes details for quite some time now.

battlebeast likes this.
  10. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Screenwriter

Anthony
    I don't have either on Blu so now's a good time. This is one of the few examples of a movie version being just as good, in its own way, as the television original. I wish the same were true of Bewitched or Sgt Bilko!
    The first Christopher Reeves 'Superman' was another success ... but I still have a special fondness for the TV series.

11. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Yes, this is a case of where they were almost able to catch lightning in a bottle twice with the perfect casting of both the TV series and the movies.

I wasn't really a fan of Christopher Lloyd's "Fester," but he was OK and the rest of the movie cast was excellent. It was a shame we lost Raul Julia so soon. i would have loved to see more sequels with his "Gomez", though Values was kind of a box office disappointment for reasons I still don't quite understand. I thought it was a very good follow-up and it didn't face any major competition at the box office. Its RT score is actually 9 points higher than the first film.

Stephen_J_H and Sean Thompson like this.
  12. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    No included digital copy? I was hoping with Ultra Violet shuttering at the end of this month Paramount would sign on with Movies Anywhere.

13. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    Both the 90's films and the classic 60's TV series equally capture the spirit of this creepy kooky family. The 90's film perfectly brings the original New Yorker comic panels to life with just how dark the Addams could be, such as in the opening of the 1991 film recreating the Christmas carolers and the boiling oil comic from 1946.

I think Christopher Lloyd was a good choice as Fester, though he did have a big beaver coat to fill as Jackie Coogan is THE Uncle Fester, he was just meant to play that character. Raul Julia was also good as Gomez, he really brought out the fiery Spaniard that John Astin didn't quite have. John did however have the passion that Raul lacked with Angelica Houston, you can look the part of the character, but if you don't have the chemistry it just not believable.

Mrs. Doubtfire was the cause of Addams Family Values being number one for one week only. Also the critics, didn't seem to like it either and back then just like it still is today; what they say usually say about a film will either help it or hurt it.

14. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Okay, so this is interesting...

I just put some new preorders in the first post.

I already own ADDAMS FAMILY on Blu. Just like most of you.

All I need is ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES on Blu. Also, just like most of you.

There is now a double-feature set that is cheaper than just buying ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES alone.

I went ahead and ordered the double feature set even though I already own the original. Just cheaper.

15. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    There's currently an additional $2.60 discount on the double-feature set (matching the current Target 20% off select DVD/BR - which ends tonight).

Target has "Values" for $10.69 -20% off (again - ends tonight) if you just don't want to get the double-feature.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=addams+family

I'm surprised Amazon hasn't matched that one too.

I've not yet purchased the first so I picked up the double-feature at Amazon (of course using the HTF link).