What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Star Trek: The Motion Picture Restored Director's Edition and Six-Movie Collection (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I am still struggling with whether to keep my order for the 4k set.

I have them all on digital, the copies will upgrade to the new transfers.

I may be better off buying the first film in 4k to obtain the Director's Cut.

Have some time yet to make that decision.
I have them in iTunes too. These are titles that are must buys for me.

I bought the previous 1-4 4k set. I added on 5 and 6. I also ordered 2 of the limited box sets and a regular release of TMP.

I’ve never purchased a film in a standalone box before. This is a special film to me though.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
FYI.

The Blu-ray disc of ST 6 in the UHD 2-disc set and the stand-alone Blu-ray do NOT contain the Director's Cut. Only the UHD disc has both versions via branching at 2.35 ratio.

This is why the cover of the UHD says "Includes both the..." and the Blu-ray coming out the same day does not make any such claim.

This is from Amazon Spain. expand the back cover and look at the specs.

This is the UHD. Check out the UHD disc vs. the Blu-ray disc.

All the covers from all countries have the same claim on the cover of the UHD and all the Blu-rays do not make a claim of both cuts.
Also note that the extras do not include either of the two documentaries some folks were hoping for that came with the 50th anniversary box set. The "Journey to the Silver Screen" 5-part documentary has part 3 on the ST 2 disc and rumors that part 1 & 2 are on the STTMP extras disc -- but no sign of parts 4 & 5.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Sigh…Paramount…
It's really sad one the biggest successes in television off-network syndication allegedly hadn't yet earned a profit before they made TMP. Suposedly that's why Rodenberry wanted his money up front for TWOK.

LCD22

Screenwriter
There's still time to put those parts that covered III-V and VI on The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country remastered Blu-rays (even if they have to delay the releases a bit). I really don't want to hunt down this disc. And I'm not paying $75 (I no longer have a gift card with this amount left and it was previously at this price) and more for the entire set. (It's back in stock on Amazon but only -11% at $208.99!) I doubt I'd get my hands on it from someone who owns it and I don't see it selling on eBay like the Best Buy (and Walmart) bonus discs for Lost (that how I got Season 5's years ago).

David, it is not a rumor on The Director's Edition bonus disc. The Digital Bits confirmed it with Paramount.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Canceled my order for the entire 4k set.

I have all the films in 4k on digital so I don't need to buy them all again.

Also, don't particularly have the need for the television extended version so I didn't go with the expensive box-o-junk.

So, I just went with the single 4k UHD release of the Director's Cut of the first film. Saved a lot of money. I might reconsider buying the entire set if it drops one day to under $40. That would be a bargain even if it means I am buying the first film again.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Funny in that Collider article image, it’s the CG image of the Enterprise and not the restored 11 foot model.
1659805234877.png
:rolling-smiley:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Funny in that Collider article image, it’s the CG image of the Enterprise and not the restored 11 foot model.
They probably dropped it again - it doesn't do well it gravity ....

In reality it was held up by a blue (teal;)?) pole against a blue screen

1659815534626.png
:cool:

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
They're either in an alternate Universe or using "Alternate Facts" :wacko:

Calling it the "pilot episode" may not be quite accurate, as it was not the first episode filmed (either with Jeffrey Hunter or William Shatner). However, it was the first episode to actually air on television in September of 1966.

Where No Man Has Gone Before, the intended pilot with the revised cast, wasn't broadcast until two weeks later, as the season's third episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks