What's new

PHE Press Release: Star Trek: The Motion Picture: Fully Restored Director's Edition (4k UHD) (Paramount+ Streaming) (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I went to today's Fathom Event there were maybe 10 people there which was made worse because they put it in the auditorium with the biggest scope screen and what I think has a seating capacity greater than the IMAX theater on the premises. They showed a featurette on redoing the visual effects before the movie started. The movie looked and sounded good.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Hoping to make it tomorrow night - it’s unsurprisingly not at my local multiplex but is at one that’s about 20 minutes away so if the babysitting stars line up, I’m in. It looks to be on one of their medium sized screens, and all of the seating has been redone as powered recliners within the past few years, so it should be nice if not quite IMAX size. I think sound in that auditorium is 5.1.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I took 2 of my sons with me today to see it. We really enjoyed it. The pacing is so much better for this finished cut of the film. Some little surprises in there too.

Sound and video were fantastic!

I don’t think I’ll ever have reason to watch the theatrical unfinished version ever again.

Robert Saccone

Stunt Coordinator
5 of us went yesterday. Theater was well attended. Seating was spaced out due to COVID. Great presentation and sound. I hadn’t seen it in a while so it was pleasure to see how good it looked. Can’t wait to get it on disc later this year.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
5 of us went yesterday. Theater was well attended. Seating was spaced out due to COVID. Great presentation and sound. I hadn’t seen it in a while so it was pleasure to see how good it looked. Can’t wait to get it on disc later this year.

I was very impressed with picture and the sound.
Agreed. I am very excited for the disc. I’m hoping the new extra that was screened with the film is also included.

I loved seeing some of the special effects outtakes in the new feature about the models.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I went to today's Fathom Event there were maybe 10 people there which was made worse because they put it in the auditorium with the biggest scope screen and what I think has a seating capacity greater than the IMAX theater on the premises. They showed a featurette on redoing the visual effects before the movie started. The movie looked and sounded good.

Wow, too bad about the attendance but I am jealous of the screen; where I live they always play the Fathom events in the smallest auditorium and it seems barely larger than my projection at home.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The showing at our local theater tonight (7pm) has currently sold three tickets in a ~75 seat room. It's the same room I saw King Kong in a couple of years ago and has a decent sized screen (well... for a 4:3 movie - don't know about a WS). It's quite tempting... but I really don't want to go alone and know no one else who'd be even remotely interested.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They usually show the more popular Fathom Events on the bigger screen. Also apparently in June there is a Judy Garland's 100th birthday celebration event and during the ad for it they only show clips from the Wizard Of Oz so I have no idea what that event will be.

Just looked it up, apparently it is a screening of The Wizard of Oz with maybe footage from the Jitterbug "featuring a rarely seen extended musical number!"

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The showing at our local theater tonight (7pm) has currently sold three tickets in a ~75 seat room. It's the same room I saw King Kong in a couple of years ago and has a decent sized screen (well... for a 4:3 movie - don't know about a WS). It's quite tempting... but I really don't want to go alone and know no one else who'd be even remotely interested.

I would’ve gone by myself. It’s not one to miss!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Wow, too bad about the attendance but I am jealous of the screen; where I live they always play the Fathom events in the smallest auditorium and it seems barely larger than my projection at home.

It was a small theater for our viewing but the screen was decent size. Beautiful print and amazing audio. AMC always does a great presentation!

Looking forward to Khan in September!

If you are on the fence about tonight’s showing don’t hesitate to see it!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
They usually show the more popular Fathom Events on the bigger screen. Also apparently in June there is a Judy Garland's 100th birthday celebration event and during the ad for it they only show clips from the Wizard Of Oz so I have no idea what that event will be.

Just looked it up, apparently it is a screening of The Wizard of Oz with maybe footage from the Jitterbug "featuring a rarely seen extended musical number!"

I am thinking it is possibly the longer version of "If I Only Had a Brain" with the long dance sequence.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Oh! La la
Back_to_the_future_II_Oh_la_la.gif

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’m living vicariously through you guys! If it weren’t for Covid, I’d have gone to see the DE.

Maybe like Kevin and others, I’ll get a projection system at home in the future and play the new 4K blu ray to simulate the experience. :)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I am thinking it is possibly the longer version of "If I Only Had a Brain" with the long dance sequence.
That's what I think. If it were anything else there would be a big announcement and new DVD, blu ray, and 4K releases. The pre recordings of the "Jitterbug " exist but the only film that exists are home movies from behind the scenes . The problem I have with the restored song is that they didn't recreate the foley effects so you don't hear the crows squawk or the fence break which I assume would have been there if the scene were in the film. Just makes me aware the film and soundtrrck were most likely found separately and put back together. The sound most likely from the pre recordings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biplasmedical
Recent bookmarks