What's new

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
I’d hope Paramount consulted Robert Redford on ORDINARY PEOPLE... an audio commentary, an interview... even just to see if the transfer was ok by him.

Reactions: PMF

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
At least a Commentary and a Trailer would have been welcome. Who cares about Leonard Maltin and his opinion ?

Maltin's intros to various movies are not especially informative, and he seems a little too goody-two-shoes to be much of a resource. However, keep in mind that, in the past, Maltin has been instrumental in getting us Disney compilations on DVD, especially the highly collectable double-disc Walt Disney Treasures tins.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
And I’ve asked Criterion several time about releasing HAMLET, with no answer. I don’t think they care to release it.[...].
To BD or not to BD,
that is the Criterion question.:rolleyes:

As for The Greatest Show on Earth?
It’s just a damned good piece of entertainment.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Day One and thrilled.:)

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
I've noticed there some streaming platforms are showing TGSOE in 1.85. iTunes has the correct aspect ratio....I can't wait for the blu ray.
I watched it a few day's ago on Amazon Prime. Yes, it was in 1.85. also. :confused: PQ was not Sharp. If it was made two years later in 1954 it would have been in Vistavision. :) It would have looked as good as The Ten Commandments. The New Paramount Remaster will look Excellent. Can't wait to see it. :D

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor
To BD or not to BD,
that is the Criterion question.:rolleyes:

As for The Greatest Show on Earth?
It’s just a damned good piece of entertainment.:)

Day One and thrilled.:)
I read somewhere that TGSOE was one of Oscar’s biggest gaffes, with voting it best picture of 1952. I forget where I read that. I saw the film once and enjoyed it, but agreed with the dissenters, and feel High Noon was the deserving film that year

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I've noticed there some streaming platforms are showing TGSOE in 1.85. iTunes has the correct aspect ratio....I can't wait for the blu ray.
Back in 2017/2018, iTunes had the "Iconic 1950s Film Collection" on sale for 19.99. I got the following movies in that deal:

1. To Catch a Thief
  2. Houseboat
  3. A Place in the Sun
  4. War and Peace
  5. The Greatest Show on Earth
  6. Sunset Boulevard
  7. Funny Face
  8. The Country Girl
  9. Sabrina
  10. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
IMO, one of my best HD digital purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samuel698