What's new

RICK BOND

Supporting Actor
Real Name
RICK
This is one of my five most wanted Paramount titles I've been waiting for on Blu-Ray (along with "When Worlds Collide", "Naked Jungle", "King Kong" and "Black Sunday"). Glad it's finally making it!

There is a cameo in this film that I think may set the record for the latest point in time in a movie cameo!
This was also one of my 5 most wanted Paramount titles. The others are .....Last Train From Gun Hill, Houseboat, The World of Suzie Wong, and It Started in Naples. The Rose Tattoo is also a Favorite of mine.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

RobertMG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
And Northwest Mounted Police is still under lock and key over at Universal???? Rights issues????

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
And Northwest Mounted Police is still under lock and key over at Universal???? Rights issues????

Universal released it on Blu-ray in Spain (all regions), but one of the comments on Amazon.es says it doesn't look any better than the DVD, so maybe it's an upscale. A while back Elephant Films released it in France (Elephant release a lot of Universal catalogue titles), but DVD only, very unusual for them, so I suspect that there's no decent HD master.

Amazon product

RobertMG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Universal released it on Blu-ray in Spain (all regions), but one of the comments on Amazon.es says it doesn't look any better than the DVD, so maybe it's an upscale. A while back Elephant Films released it in France (Elephant release a lot of Universal catalogue titles), but DVD only, very unusual for them, so I suspect that there's no decent HD master.

Amazon product
I know of one company that was actually in talks with Universal then there was a management change putting everything back to square one

maxfabien

Agent
Real Name
Walter
Excellent!! Another Best Picture winner on Blu-ray! Now Paramount needs to do it with "Ordinary People". Then that will leave just six Best Picture winners not yet on Blu-ray. "Broadway Melody", "Cimarron", "The Great Ziegfeld", "The Life of Emile Zola", Olivier's "Hamlet", and "Around the World in 80 Days".

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Excellent!! Another Best Picture winner on Blu-ray! Now Paramount needs to do it with "Ordinary People". Then that will leave just six Best Picture winners not yet on Blu-ray. "Broadway Melody", "Cimarron", "The Great Ziegfeld", "The Life of Emile Zola", Olivier's "Hamlet", and "Around the World in 80 Days".
And I’ve asked Criterion several time about releasing HAMLET, with no answer. I don’t think they care to release it.

and the rest of the bunch are from Warner’s. As far as I know, 80 DAYS needs a lot of work.

CIMMARON and BROADWAY too.

Wasnt there A technicolor element for BROADWAY That turned up? Just a figment or something? I could be wrong.

I’m anxious for the Warner Archive to release those last five...

Reactions: PMF
Real Name
David N. Heathman
A long time coming...The delirious color palette, Charleton Heston grimacing spectacularly in fedora and bomber jacket (Inspiration for“Indiana Jones”?) and Betty Hutton (Top box office draw that year) doing everything else! . . “We’re Circus, Brad”...DeMille’s narration is worth the price of admission alone!
If you don’t follow the parade to the big top, then...”You’ve got sawdust in your veins”...

CMitchellHoffman

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig
another Vite for Ordinary People, especially si ce Redford, Hutton and Sutherland are still around for commentary. Wish they had done this when Mary Tyler Moore was still alive.

Mark Booth

Premium
Disappointing that they go through the trouble of creating a 4K scan but don't release a 4K Blu-ray. I'll be keeping an eye on the iTunes version. If the digital copy ends up being 4K, I won't even bother with the Blu-ray.

Mark

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Hamlet has been released on Blu-ray in the UK.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
A long time coming...The delirious color palette, Charleton Heston grimacing spectacularly in fedora and bomber jacket (Inspiration for“Indiana Jones”?)....
The Greatest Show on Earth was the first film Spielberg remembers seeing as a kid, and has spoken about the effect it had on him.

Bernard McNair

Second Unit
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Very excited for this release; I have loved this film since my distant childhood; first saw it in the re-release of the early 60's.
I will be very pleased to retire the DVD.
Can we now have Paint Your Wagon and Half A Sixpence please Paramount?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
another Vite for Ordinary People, especially si ce Redford, Hutton and Sutherland are still around for commentary. Wish they had done this when Mary Tyler Moore was still alive.

Unless Criterion or some other company gets the rights, I'd expect an "Ordinary People" BD to be just as barebones as the DVD.

If it's part of the Paramount Presents line, they'll get Maltin to chat about it for 7 minutes.

While I'd love it too, I'd be shocked to get the kind of commentary you mention - or any commentary at all...

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Very excited for this release; I have loved this film since my distant childhood; first saw it in the re-release of the early 60's.
I will be very pleased to retire the DVD.
Can we now have Paint Your Wagon and Half A Sixpence please Paramount?
Yeah, I saw it at the cinema in the early sixties (London), I think I also saw Samson & Delilah at the same cinema, & The Ten Commandments mid-sixties at a posh cinema uptown. These films stayed with me, real movie movies.

I certainly agree about Paint You Wagon. I didn't fancy it when it was released & only caught up with it a few years ago (DVD), & really enjoyed it (but it would be nothing without Lee Marvin), it's odd that such a big & expensive musical hasn't made it to Blu-ray yet.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

Most of those last six belong to Warner Bros. I think HAMLET was a Universal release. WAC might get around to at least a few of these. HAMLET could come from Kino.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samuel698