What's new

PHE Press Release: Paramount Presents! The Golden Child (1986) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I couldn't agree more! So why do it at all, Paramount? I mean, do they really think that a bit of slick packaging is going to result in oodles of new sales? In many cases I think they'll be lucky if they break even on the extra costs.

Oh well, what do I know. I'm just a potential consumer of their products, wondering WTF they're trying to accomplish here.
They got me to place a preorder for it so mission accomplished.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't agree more! So why do it at all, Paramount? I mean, do they really think that a bit of slick packaging is going to result in oodles of new sales? In many cases I think they'll be lucky if they break even on the extra costs.

Oh well, what do I know. I'm just a potential consumer of their products, wondering WTF they're trying to accomplish here.

It does seem perplexing that so many of the Presents titles lack the prior extras. That choice makes no sense to me at all...

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Yes - on this thread! :)

Honestly, I don't get why some here act like it's such a stretch for Paramount to put out "Golden Child" on BD.

People complain that studios double-dip on movies already out - and then they complain when a fairly prominent movie gets its initial BD release! <_<

Well, my point was that there are so many other pictures that deserve a Blu release that they could have done first. But for all those people who do like it, God bless! :cheers:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, my point was that there are so many other pictures that deserve a Blu release that they could have done first. But for all those people who do like it, God bless! :cheers:
Perhaps they noticed they already had a master (or needed a new one) for this DVD set I saw at Target
1602058734229.png
:D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This remains a blah movie, but it looks and sounds pretty good on BD.

The picture becomes the biggest step up, of course - going from a 1990s non-anamorphic DVD to a 2020 BD obviously acts as a huge upgrade, and the image seems natural and film-like IMO.

The lossless TrueHD audio is less of a step up compared to the DVD's DD 5.1 mix, but it's warmer and smoother.

The extras stink, but the movie looks/sounds better than ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks