Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
"Winning" one of those is no indicator of talent ...

Among the lowlights ...
GLENN CLOSE !!!
Judy Garland
Angela Lansbury
Lauren Bacall
Angela Bassett
Naomi Watts
Jamie Lee Curtis
Scarlet Johansson
Maureen O'Hara
Barbara Stanwyck
:angry:
Agree that Oscar has missed some great actors - Sigourney Weaver should be on that list - but anyway you slice it, Sofia's "G3" performance was awful.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Agree that Oscar has missed some great actors - Sigourney Weaver should be on that list - but anyway you slice it, Sofia's "G3" performance was awful.
Pat Weaver's daughter is on the list at the site referenced, but there are 100 actrii listed there I just cherry picked a few surprising ones.

IMHO Ms. Coppola the younger was perfectly "in character" when delivering her lines but not when she didn't have any lines.

Britton

Screenwriter
The Digital Bits posted this about the Trilogy hitting 4K in 2022. A bit nervous about the prospect of HDR being applied especially since Gordon Willis has passed since the excellent restoration work done in the 00s.

Paramount is quoted as saying they will be doing a restoration but I thought the restoration RAH worked on was already in 4K.

I’m going to have to sit back and the let authorities weigh in before I purchase.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I suspect I will be fine with my Blu-ray based on what RAH has said on the matter in regards to these films.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
I seem to recall that this was shot in Super 35 but with an 1.85 AR.
Should look excellent on BD as well of course on UHD.
Was in Palermo 's Opera House a view years ago where the opera performance was filmed.
They were quite proud of that.

Britton

Screenwriter
I suspect I will be fine with my Blu-ray based on what RAH has said on the matter in regards to these films.
I still remember how blown away I was by the Blu-ray, so yes, I will be waiting for that ”A few words about...” post. And if there are more than a few words, well, even better!

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'm thinking this title is too short and doesn't have enough punctuation. It ought to be called:

Mario Puzo's The Godfather, Part III: Coda - The Death of Michael Corleone; Final Director's Cut Redux: Ultimate Encore Edition
Nah, they should have taken a cue from The Simpsons and just call it The Godfather III: Good Version.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Eagerly awaited with the greatest of interests.

Grateful that the BD has been made available only four days apart from the theatrical opening; as I am still among those who have been absent from the stadiums, since late last March.

Reactions: ahollis

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
globaltensiles