What's new

PHE Press Release: Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
They might be doing what they did with Beverly Hills Cop - see if the blu-ray sells, then release the 4K if it does a few months later.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think we have to assume a boxed set of all 3 films when they first come out on 4K...

I am hesitating to buy the BD because of the way Paramount burned consumers on BEVERLY HILLS COP.

I am not in a hurry to see this film, so I can easily wait for the announcement of THE GODFATHER films and what they do with Copolla's new version.

• Insightful
Reactions: PMF

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The disc is so inexpensive, it's cheaper than two tickets to see it in the theater, which I would have gone to see with my wife if it was allowed. Because of that, I don't mind getting the disc now.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
I'm thinking this title is too short and doesn't have enough punctuation. It ought to be called:

Mario Puzo's The Godfather, Part III: Coda - The Death of Michael Corleone; Final Director's Cut Redux: Ultimate Encore Edition

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I am hesitating to buy the BD because of the way Paramount burned consumers on BEVERLY HILLS COP.

I am not in a hurry to see this film, so I can easily wait for the announcement of THE GODFATHER films and what they do with Copolla's new version.

One note: I wouldn't automatically expect "Coda" to be part of a 4K boxed set.

That package could well include just the same versions of the 3 films that've been out there for so long...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
One note: I wouldn't automatically expect "Coda" to be part of a 4K boxed set.

That package could well include just the same versions of the 3 films that've been out there for so long...

Oh, I am not expecting it. However, I am also not going to get burned if it is.

Chances are, CODA will not be part of the 4k boxed set. I think you are right, Colin.

Britton

Screenwriter
On second thought that’s a really good price. I really do want to see this new cut as soon as possible. I’ll probably just buy the Blu-ray and live with it. I don’t think I’ll like any cut of this movie enough to double dip.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I would be there day one if this was getting a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release.
If it follows the release pattern of Copolla’s other recent special editions (Tucker, and Cotton Club) the Blu-ray will coincide with a 4K digital release.

Britton

Screenwriter
If it follows the release pattern of Copolla’s other recent special editions (Tucker, and Cotton Club) the Blu-ray will coincide with a 4K digital release.

I tend not to buy digital releases, but for something like this I may be fine with not having a 4K disc occupying space. Can't see myself watching this any more than I watch GF Part III (last time was on DVD. Never got around to spinning the disc when the Trilogy hit Blu-ray).

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
But not an Oscar for acting! :cheers:

"Winning" one of those is no indicator of talent ...

Among the lowlights ...
GLENN CLOSE !!!
Judy Garland
Angela Lansbury
Lauren Bacall
Angela Bassett
Naomi Watts
Jamie Lee Curtis
Scarlet Johansson
Maureen O'Hara
Barbara Stanwyck
:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks