What's new

PHE Press Release: Lady Sings The Blues (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

noel aguirre

Premium
Real Name
noel
Do you know where you're going to ? ;)
Well I know I like the things that life is showing me.;)

I mean Lady is ok but ponderous. Diana is Diana not Billie- not her fault but it’s like casting Twiggy to play Janis Joplin. And if I recall a dreary looking film. So not a repeatable viewing disc for me.
Mahogany on the other hand is pure camp and over the top crazy fun with great clothes and a psychotic Tony Perkins! And that song.......!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well I know I like the things that life is showing me.;)

I mean Lady is ok but ponderous. Diana is Diana not Billie- not her fault but it’s like casting Twiggy to play Janis Joplin. And if I recall a dreary looking film. So not a repeatable viewing disc for me.
Mahogany on the other hand is pure camp and over the top crazy fun with great clothes and a psychotic Tony Perkins! And that song.......!
I know the first few measures are in a completely different key ...
1608954158262.png

Reactions: PMF

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I dunno but maybe Dragonslayer ... might be :D ... though Maiden eating is probably still considered not PC ;) ...

Hey, man, I do pretty well, considering I only use two fingers. :rolleyes:

Real Name
Kent
This film looked gorgeous when it played the Cooper Cinerama in its first run in Denver CO. My father knew Billie Holiday and in fact, saw her just a few months before her untimely death. When we went to the film as a family, he was quite moved, by the spirit of Diana Ross's portrayal even though she sounded nothing like her and he felt the film was Hollywood fiction. Still moved... and all of us loved RICHARD PRYOR! A definite purchase for me with hopes that... Nat King Cole in ST. LOUIS BLUES won't be far behind! (I know... I'm dreaming!)

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Too much for this film, $14.99 would be fair......

And, that happens to be the price on Amazon as I look right now (5:50 PM Eastern time, on January 26, 2021).

So, if you want it, I hope you see this and act fast before the price changes!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
And, that happens to be the price on Amazon as I look right now (5:50 PM Eastern time, on January 26, 2021).

So, if you want it, I hope you see this and act fast before the price changes!
It is the same price at Target.com It is not part of the Target Circle 20% off sale

1611702245245.png

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
$9.96 is even better. :D
Tempting me... I’m trying to wean myself off of physical media for everything except Warner Archive and Kino, but since Paramount still hasn’t announced a digital counterpart to this release, I may have to cave...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Tempting me... I’m trying to wean myself off of physical media for everything except Warner Archive and Kino, but since Paramount still hasn’t announced a digital counterpart to this release, I may have to cave...
Yeah, I couldn't pass up that price as I would normally purchase the digital, but, there doesn't appear to be one on the digital platforms I frequent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rklinger