1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release PHE Press Release: Jerry Lewis 10-Film Collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 18, 2018.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    JL_10Flm_DVD_3D_Oslv_preview.

Celebrate Hollywood Icon Jerry Lewis with a
    New 10-Film Collection

10-DVD Set of Classic and Beloved Comedies Arrives June 12, 2018

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Relive some of the greatest film moments from comedy legend and Hollywood icon Jerry Lewis with the new JERRY LEWIS 10 FILM COLLECTION, arriving on DVD June 12, 2018 from Paramount Home Media Distribution. Celebrated for his remarkable range of characters, outlandish antics, and uninhibited physicality, Jerry Lewis’ work continues to delight audiences around the world and inspire new generations of comedians.

Featuring 10 of Lewis’ most beloved comedies, the JERRY LEWIS 10 FILM COLLECTION is headlined by 1963’s enduring classic The Nutty Professor, which celebrates its 55thanniversary this year. Considered by many to be Lewis’ finest and most memorable film, The Nutty Professor was included on the American Film Institute’s list of the 100 funniest American films of all time and was selected for preservation in the U.S. National Film Registry by the Library of Congress in 2004.

The 10-DVD set includes the following:

• The Stooge (1951)—Features one of Lewis’ earliest pairings with Dean Martin as a musical-comedy duo
    • The Delicate Delinquent (1956)—A “teenage terror” is recruited for the Police Academy
    • The Bellboy (1960)—Lewis plays a friendly but clumsy bellboy in this slapstick classic
    • Cinderfella (1960)—Lewis’ take on the classic Cinderella story
    • The Errand Boy (1961)—Paramount enlists a bumbling Lewis to spy on their productions in this hilarious film studio comedy
    • The Ladies Man (1961)—A girl-shy man finds work in a women-only hotel with uproarious results
    • The Nutty Professor (1963)—A socially awkward professor invents a serum that turns him into the handsome but obnoxious Buddy Love
    • The Disorderly Orderly (1964)—Lewis wreaks havoc in a private rest home
    • The Patsy (1964)—Lewis directs and stars as a novice recruited to replace a big-time comedian
    • The Family Jewels (1965)—Lewis directs and plays seven distinct roles in this family inheritance farce

About Paramount Home Media Distribution

Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), home to premier media brands that create television programs, motion pictures, consumer products, and digital content for audiences in 180 countries and territories. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

JERRY LEWIS 10 FILM COLLECTION

Street Date: June 12, 2018 (DVD)

U.S. Rating: All films are Not Rated

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    First of all, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say I wish this was a Blu-ray collection.

Secondly, WOW on the price for 10 films. WOW!

3. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    Not a bad deal at all for 10 of his films!

4. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Producer

This is a (welcome) reissue of an OOP box set from 2005.

5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Yeah Price is great but I already have the previous DVD's so just wish this was a Blu Ray set even at 4 times the price

Tony Bensley likes this.
  6. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    Would also be nice if they could release the remaining number of his films that are still not available on DVD.

Tony Bensley likes this.
  7. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Beside the rights plagued Three Ring Circus and The Sad Sack which according to Kino has very poor elements, what is left of his Paramount films?

8. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    Randy, I thought there were a few more of his films that still have not seen a quality DVD release but the two you mentioned are those but I thought there might be several other titles but not exactly sure which ones as they might be the latter movies he made.

9. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    There are the Columbia titles, DON'T RAISE THE BRIDGE LOWER THE RIVER (already on DVD) and my personal favorite, THE BIG MOUTH (never released on any format).

10. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    Ron, I knew there were a few more but I wasn't sure which ones until you and Randy pointed them out here. Thank you.

The big Mouth used to air on Antenna TV or Movies TV during those Labor Day Movie telethons a few years back but no longer anymore, along with the Bridge one as well.

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Richard, thank you for that.

I did manage to DVR "THE BIG MOUTH" about two years ago off of one of the commercial-free movie channels in HD. I was then able to transfer it to a Blu-ray disc. So, I have a great copy to hold me over.

I had thought, with the passing of Jerry Lewis, the rights to some of the remaining films would be easier to get out of limbo. That is, unless, he had nothing to do with these titles not getting released.

12. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    And I know for a fact they will never release that awful 1972 film he did "The Day the Clown Cried" as even he said in many an interview he wanted that film dead and buried forever. Like Randy said beforehand, 3 Ring Circus and Sad Sack still haven't seen the light of day neither DVD-wise.

13. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

The Big Mouth(1967) is actually the only one of the 4 Columbia titles that hasn't been released yet. Mill Creek recently released a 3 film set with 3 of the 4 Columbia pictures he did: Three on a Couch(1966), Don't Raise the Bridge Lower The River(1968) and Hook Line and Sinker(1969). These were also DVD only. Since the Big Mouth is easily the best of the 4 maybe someone like Twilight Time has the rights.

14. rmw650

rmw650 Stunt Coordinator

Richard W
    Randy, that movie you mentioned has aired on Antenna TV and then Movies TV not too long ago as that was the only way to see it, seeing it hasn't ever been released on the DVD format, but here's hoping it will finally see a release in the not too distant future.

15. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    I had the opportunity to interview Chris Lewis, Jerry's son, about this release today. I hope to have that posted a little later this week.